Top 5 RC LiPo Battery Mistakes of 2021 and How to Avoid Them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good storage level is 3.7 - 3.85 per cell (2S = 7.4 - 7.9V). You are a little low.

There no such thing as a 100C Lipo (yet) but doesn't mean they are bad. That is a marketing label.

Last edited:
So are 100 c batteries bad???

To add too what @Armarookie43 and @jkflow said c rates are really just a marketing gimmick, there is no set standard for what the c rate listed on the pack actually equates to. You cannot compare C rates across brands I've seen lipos labeled as 20 and 30c out perform lipos from another brand that were labeled as 120c.
This thread has links to other topics that explain it way better than I can be forewarned it is a lot of reading. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/

Not necessarily, but you have to double check yourself and see what others say about a particular battery if they have used it before. My 100C Yowoo 4s graphene battery seems to have way more punch than my 140C Turnigy Rapids regular lipo 4s ones as an example. Now the graphene thing is another can of worms, but it seems to me that the graphene batteries have more performance in them from those two examples.
Yea that what I have 100c graphine burnd out two esc

5200m

I ran them on a stock red cat shredder electronic burned out the esc than put a 150 amp gool rc esc burn that one too I think the 21 t pinion and the battery too much
Stock esc could be a fluke, I found a video on Youtube where a guys caught on fire. It seems most everyone ditches the stock system and runs the Arrma BLX185 or the Hobbywing 8BL150 in it. And those GoolRc/Racerstar/Surpass Hobby escs are complete garbage so it doesn't surprise me at all that that burned up, all of their ecs are notorious for either letting out the magic smoke or going up in flames they have the worst qc out of any other esc brand I have seen. For escs stick to Castle, Hobbywing, Hobbywing rebrand or Hobbywing RTR esc.

Last edited:
Stock esc could be a fluke, I found a video on Youtube where a guys caught on fire. It seems most everyone ditches the stock system and runs the Arrma BLX185 or the Hobbywing 8BL150 in it. And those GoolRc/Racerstar/Surpass Hobby escs are complete garbage so it doesn't surprise me at all that that burned up, all of their ecs are notorious for either letting out the magic smoke or going up in flames they have the worst qc out of any other esc brand I have seen. For escs stick to Castle, Hobbywing, Hobbywing rebrand or Hobbywing RTR esc.
Yes I got hobby wing

Personally, I was disappointed with the stock Hobbywing (Max6 combo). Overheats in no time and without an upgraded fan it's a paperweight.
Love my Spektrum stuff, never had that issue and otherwise they run great.

Personally, I was disappointed with the stock Hobbywing (Max6 combo). Overheats in no time and without an upgraded fan it's a paperweight.
Love my Spektrum stuff, never had that issue and otherwise they run great.
What vehicle did you use it on? The HW Max 6 and 1100kv motor ran very nicely on the Xmaxx.

6S, 18T, Backflip, 1650kV. No binding etc. Again, with stock fan.
That's what I run on my M2C'd Outcast and it runs super cool. Even on a 90+ degree day after thrashing on it for a good 20 minutes it was still cool enough to hold my hand on.

K I’ll put it in my typhoon. What should I get for the shredder
It is a bit small for the Shredder it would work great in the Arrma 3s line.
i just realize the shredder comes stock with sct 8 80 amp esc
Does the actual size of the esc matter???

K I’ll put it in my typhoon. What should I get for the shredder

i just realize the shredder comes stock with sct 8 80 amp esc
Does the actual size of the esc matter???
From the thread on Rctech it seemed most guys were going with either the Hobbywing 8BL150 or the Arrma BLX185, I'm sure the Spetrum system on Jennys would be about the same. I would browse through that thread or the one on Rcuniverse as those would be your best places to get tips and advice.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...lx-esc-spektra-firma-150-waterproof-ara8608v5

To be completely honest for something the size of the Shredder I'm not even sure how they got away with using that esc as it is meant for 1/8th buggies and 1/10 short course trucks, I wouldn't even run the SC8 in an Arrma 6s. The stock shredder motor isn't within the recommended specs of the esc KV Rating/T Count 2S LiPo:KV≤6000 / 3S LiPo:KV≤4000 / 4S LiPo:KV≤3000 (36XX Series of Motors)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back