Kraton Top chassis brace - not tower to tower tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would that upper brace be better than aluminum chassis brace and a t2t
That's what I am testing here. Before I had this on there I had Hot Racing chassis braces and a tower to tower brace, even with those I could easily flex the chassis front to back, with the Alza Racing top plate there is zero flex back to front, but I do have a very slight bit of twist side to side, I never checked if the Hot Racing and t2t setup had any twist to it though.

But I bashed it hard yesterday, almost punched a hole in my Unbreakable body and so far no issues.

I still suspect that the rear brace not being there will be an issue with the lwb chassis however. So if you have a Kraton your results will probably be different from mine.

You would think flex would be good for impacts. I know fioroni sell a t2t brace for Mugen and it has a sliding tube with spring

I believe this is designed for flex
Screenshot_20181218-180313.png

For racing flex in the chassis can be helpful but for bashing you don't want flex. You want the forces to be distributed throughout the entirety of the vehicle as it lands, when you have flex all the force will be distributed to the areas where the vehicle flexes. Hence why the stock chassis bends in the first place.

Good point. I like to bash but average I'm more into a race type bash and I think the flex is what my goal would be. I do like the aluminum chassis brace with t2t to support shocks

I just built my t2t using the @Thomas P video tutorial. I've seen what he puts his trucks through, so I figured it should be pretty well tested

Attachments

• 20181218_222956.jpg
    20181218_222956.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20181218_222940.jpg
    20181218_222940.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20181218_222919.jpg
    20181218_222919.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 58
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back