Kraton Top motor/esc combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. I have the HR slider mount... and with covid... money's tight, so I may just end up getting a take off 4074 blx2050kv to put back in it with the new dual fan cooler I ordered. Or see if I can find a decent 4082 that's 1800kv-2000kv to get a bit more torque.

Thanks for the info. I have the HR slider mount... and with covid... money's tight, so I may just end up getting a take off 4074 blx2050kv to put back in it with the new dual fan cooler I ordered. Or see if I can find a decent 4082 that's 1800kv-2000kv to get a bit more torque.
I know the Hobbystar 4092 just barely fits in the Outcast.

It would not fit with the V1-V3 Arrma mount or the Hot Racing sliding motor mount, I had to add spacers under the motor and diff mount to get it to fit. With the V4 Arrma mount, M2C sliding mount and the PPS mount it fits perfect.
I still get about 20-30 minutes depending on how hard I am on the throttle anything over half throttle and it goes over on its lid so not a lot of wot driving. Last time I had it out I still hadn't reinstalled my Mr.Duke fan mount but after the run it was about 150ish. It was only like 60-65* out at the time though.

@Mr.Duke has one with a Max6 and I think @bicketybam has one too.
I just bought the max 6 combo a few days ago! I'm excited to see how it runs paired with a 20t pinion

It would not fit with the V1-V3 Arrma mount or the Hot Racing sliding motor mount, I had to add spacers under the motor and diff mount to get it to fit. With the V4 Arrma mount, M2C sliding mount and the PPS mount it fits perfect.
I still get about 20-30 minutes depending on how hard I am on the throttle anything over half throttle and it goes over on its lid so not a lot of wot driving. Last time I had it out I still hadn't reinstalled my Mr.Duke fan mount but after the run it was about 150ish. It was only like 60-65* out at the time though.

@Mr.Duke has one with a Max6 and I think @bicketybam has one too.
I do not have that motor.

I do not have that motor.
I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else must have been someone else. You have the Hobbystar 4092 right?

Saw he ran the 4082 in another thread. It ran hot. If it runs hotter than the stock motor... may as well stick with stock.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i-am-getting-max-6-whats-the-best-motor-for-it.11757/post-136829
Yeah he didn't run it that long and I'm almost positive he went with the 4092.
I had the same luck with the Leopard Hobby 4282 after 5 minutes it hit 250*. I have the Leopard in my Summit now, had to notch out the shock mount to get it to fit but at walking speed it doesn't get hot, it does get a bit warm but not 250*.

I ordered another blx2050kv... I'm weak. Hoping that the dual fan cooler I bought avoids this in the future. Although... 260F seems really hot to "just happen", the fans must help keep the temp down constantly and without them, it just keeps climbing until it cooks.

I ordered another blx2050kv... I'm weak. Hoping that the dual fan cooler I bought avoids this in the future. Although... 260F seems really hot to "just happen", the fans must help keep the temp down constantly and without them, it just keeps climbing until it cooks.
???

I still rock the BLX2050kv in my Vorza, but I'm running a Max8 in that. The BLX185 esc is in my Summit.

Hey dude have you ran it with the 20t pinion yet? Is the speed plenty enough? Did the motor run hot?

TIA
Yes I have it all set up and its a beast. Way more power than stock and the motor seems warm but not untouchable. Wheelies on demand and air control has increased. ????

Yes I have it all set up and its a beast. Way more power than stock and the motor seems warm but not untouchable. Wheelies on demand and air control has increased. ????
Thanks... thinking of this combo with a 19 or 20t and a motor fan, probably the dual Powerhobby fans, to drop in a Notorious ?

Thanks... thinking of this combo with a 19 or 20t and a motor fan, probably the dual Powerhobby fans, to drop in a Notorious ?
I also got a motor fan HW c4 but I'm going to have to open it up a bit to fit the larger motor now. You will be happy with the combo for sure. Speed is no issue as well. I want to try a 23t lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back