Top Speed Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Has anyone tried to measure top speed with 1:1 gearing, Max 5, HW 800kv, stock diff gearing with 8” belted wheels? On or off road? Just wondering what I should expect when I go out this weekend when I finally get a GPS…

Batteries 10,000 mAh 120C standard balance charged.

045E5A5B-61E6-4E11-B6E1-395036114C0D.jpeg

4E4FBCE5-41CA-4DAC-A80E-C7C3337652D5.jpeg

Dude you have to be one of the most helpful people on this forum. Thank you for sharing that with me.
I should be able to overdrive this motor though I think, I also have a 780kv firma motor. There’s no way the 1100kv is spinning 47/39 overdrive. But I’m guessing the 800kv could… maybe with a little kick start? Thoughts? (Please remember I’m new and have a lot of stupid thoughts based mostly on fantasy lol)

Dude you have to be one of the most helpful people on this forum. Thank you for sharing that with me.
I should be able to overdrive this motor though I think, I also have a 780kv firma motor. There’s no way the 1100kv is spinning 47/39 overdrive. But I’m guessing the 800kv could… maybe with a little kick start? Thoughts? (Please remember I’m new and have a lot of stupid thoughts based mostly on fantasy lol)
haha man I still consider myself new too. Not even 2 years yet! I just don't have much of a life and am on the forums all day, so I end up reading a lot. I actually don't know much about overdriving, but I think most people around here definitely prefer the 1100kv over the 800kv just because it's a lot easier to gear and it avoids the problems you're facing right now.

I bet some would say "why do you need to go faster than 65 mph on an 1/5th rig? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the comments btw, it's awesome to know some people actually appreciate my help. People really underestimate how easily a few nice words can really make someone day. (y)

I see you always making an effort to help and never with any undertones of judgement. Maybe you don’t realize the value of your opinions and willingness to help 🤷‍♂️ The internet is such toxic hot diarrhea soup most of the time, I almost expected someone to call me an idiot just for asking. If the Internet was filled with guys like you that just willingly offer their opinion or share their experience (experience is so undervalued) without ramming it down your throat, imagine how amazing a place it could be.
haha man I still consider myself new too. Not even 2 years yet! I just don't have much of a life and am on the forums all day, so I end up reading a lot. I actually don't know much about overdriving, but I think most people around here definitely prefer the 1100kv over the 800kv just because it's a lot easier to gear and it avoids the problems you're facing right now.

I bet some would say "why do you need to go faster than 65 mph on an 1/5th rig? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the comments btw, it's awesome to know some people actually appreciate my help. People really underestimate how easily a few nice words can really make someone day. (y)
now, back to matter at hand lol. It is my position, that one should always seek the top speed of one’s rig 🧐. Just because I’m gonna give it up and strap a GPS on it and send it for all it’s got… doesn’t mean I’m gonna keep that gearing at all times and only run it like that. It’s a versatile truck, sometimes I like to race my friend and his kid around a BMX track. Sometimes I like to go to the skatepark and spank my Kraton right on it’s naughty little bum and punish it. Sometimes I like to get out a ramp and do an altitude competition (gnss GPS is amazing for that). Finally, sometimes I like to just go off-roading and bash it around. I have a couple different setups battery wise, preload wise, AVC wise, wheel wise and gear wise. We should all just be so goddamn grateful that we are part of an awesome hobby like this. And that they made trucks like the Kraton, and that M2C makes them stronger, and hot racing makes gears that can take it so we do all that!

Last edited:
@MrWednesday , you have a correct observation about this forum. @Moirae has been and is very helpful, and I have NEVER seen anyone belittled for being new or asking questions on here.

There is rarely anything disrespectful on here, and the mods are quick to respond in the rare instance a jerk shows up.

I haven't been doing RC for a long time myself, but there are many, many people on here that are willing to share suggestions and their experiences...

Welcome aboard!

@MrWednesday , you have a correct observation about this forum. @Moirae has been and is very helpful, and I have NEVER seen anyone belittled for being new or asking questions on here.

There is rarely anything disrespectful on here, and the mods are quick to respond in the rare instance a jerk shows up.

I haven't been doing RC for a long time myself, but there are many, many people on here that are willing to share suggestions and their experiences...

Welcome aboard!
Yeah that’s it exactly, it’s like the opposite of Reddit where a standard answer to question begins with “I just lost 100 IQ points by reading your question” lol, yikes! I guess I have to leave that baggage behind and embrace the Arrma forum love!

Just gps’d my 8S EXB with max5 and 56113 800kv today and got 60mph even after a few passes wide open on the street.

Good news is that both the motor and ESC we only at about 100F after the battery pack… so I ordered a 42t pinion 🤣

All this being said, I rarely ever open up the throttle for speed runs. I do one speed run on each new rig to see where it lies, then that’s it….I’m more about torque and jumping, bashing, and the ability for air control than anything else.….that’s where the fun comes in.
cheers,
kev

I hear that man, there’s a giant grass park near me with huge ~30 degree banked walls around it and I’ve loved hitting those banked corners wide open!
I’m curious to see if my recently installed Max5 56113 combo is as quick as the XLX2 2028 combo it replaced… 😲

39s, 42p hit 62mph down the street yesterday and it stayed nice and cool ~110F after running 5500mah packs through it speed running up and down the street 👍

39s, 42p hit 62mph down the street yesterday and it stayed nice and cool ~110F after running 5500mah packs through it speed running up and down the street 👍
That’s with the max 5 HW 56113? Because I’m running almost the exact same gear ratio, 36pin 39spr Edith the same electronics

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back