Outcast top speed with your Rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
what is your top speed gps?
with pinion 12t, 16t or other?
battery?
diff oil cst?

Can someone suggest a cheap battery powered GPS speedometer? I have had a hard time trying to find one, seems they all use USB power or the one for bikes are used with the spokes to judge the speed.

This is one of the cheapest ones I've come across:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/gps-speed-meter.html

Considering the cost... seems a bit of a waste to answer that question. For mine, I've strapped an old Garmin from my car to my truck and use the max speed in one of the menus to see. Not the most convenient, but considering I haven't used it or the one in my wifes car in over 5 years (I use the waze app now), at least it's got a purpose again.

2018-0701-SavageFlux-TopSpeed.jpg

You could try a mobile phone speedo app and some elastic bands to hold it in the top of the wing. I did that with my samsung s7.

This is one of the cheapest ones I've come across:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/gps-speed-meter.html

Considering the cost... seems a bit of a waste to answer that question. For mine, I've strapped an old Garmin from my car to my truck and use the max speed in one of the menus to see. Not the most convenient, but considering I haven't used it or the one in my wifes car in over 5 years (I use the waze app now), at least it's got a purpose again.

2018-0701-SavageFlux-TopSpeed.jpg

You could try a mobile phone speedo app and some elastic bands to hold it in the top of the wing. I did that with my samsung s7.

I sold my old Garmin, but I do have an old phone. I was thinking of using that, but it's the original Nexus 6. Not the smallest or lightest phone out there..

I bought a GPS for testing my vehicles. On the first day I wrecked and it went flying into my neighbor's yard. I didn't find it until the next day. I then wrecked so hard that it detached from my Typhon and went flying into a river. That was day 2. I never replaced it. $100 down the drain!

Make sure you strap it on very well and somewhere it won't hit the ground. The first or second time I did it with my garmin, I didn't have it tight enough and it went sliding on it's face at 40mph across a parking lot. Sure glad it wasn't a $600 phone.

Definitely. Even with 4 elastic bands each side the S7 got launched a few times, glass screen protector and case took the brunt of it. It got drenched when driving on grass as well,lol. I wouldn’t dream of strapping on my iphone xs.

I use my iphone x, and I put between the battery and the sideskirt, stay beautiful...I use it, only for straight way speed test.

arrma outcast stock
I use 10/100/10 cst
5200 6s 90c
16t pinion
top speed 52mph

and You?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back