Torn…TRX4: blazer vs k10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utvbroz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else have this dilemma? They are both great looking machines, but does the k10 perform that much better? It is a bit longer, taller portals, and tires.

I really want the blazer, but if I’m going to upgrade should I just lean towards the k10. Look wise I just want them both lmao!

Figure I’ll put a sport body on it while I’m crawling more abusive stuff so the tires rubbing on the k10 really isn’t an issue. Also plan on getting brass weights which whatever I decide.

Ahh decision

What brand is the k10. If it is a traxxas, it should be almost the same. But, if they are different brands, there will be a bigger difference. The main changes for TRX crawlers is bodyshell, 2 speed-trans, locking diffs, and probably some minor things I forgot. With a crawler, you need to decide what you want from it. You might want a fast crawler, fully-waterproof, super controlled crawling, or realistic. Get the crawler that matches what you want to drive it like.

I love both, I don't run trx but I leaned towards the k10 body mainly for the lower cg weight..

IMG_20220902_120712763_HDR.jpg

The Chevy k10 is Traxxas as well, it just has 2.2 tires and taller portals than the blazer according to the Traxxas site.

I have a losi night crawler but looking for more scale rigs. They blow me away how awesome they look. :).

That is a hard call, I love the looks of the Blazer but the K10 is really nice too. flip a coin? Ah heck you know your going to get them both eventually so buy the oldest one first.

Traxxas this week just released new colors for the k10 as well.

Love the look @Camaroboy383. What’s your body mounted to?

Thanks man.. have some time in the body paint and rust work for sure but love it... it has official gm rott holes as well..🤣🤣..

The rig is a redcat gen 7 pro.. I loved the original hinged body design, so I designed and printed parts to accommodate the Chevy body.. hinged in the rear, and Velcro in the front...

If you are not stuck on a bow tie body I may have a deal on a blue oval 😉
Appreciate it but I’m a square body guy. :). Just wish there was a gmc option.

Thanks man.. have some time in the body paint and rust work for sure but love it... it has official gm rott holes as well..🤣🤣..

The rig is a redcat gen 7 pro.. I loved the original hinged body design, so I designed and printed parts to accommodate the Chevy body.. hinged in the rear, and Velcro in the front...
That’s awesome! I’ll have to check out some of your posts on the hinges.

I bought a cnc plasma table I’m getting setup just not sure what I want to cut yet for my cars. :).

Appreciate it but I’m a square body guy. :). Just wish there was a gmc option.

That’s awesome! I’ll have to check out some of your posts on the hinges.

I bought a cnc plasma table I’m getting setup just not sure what I want to cut yet for my cars. :).

Very nice!.. enjoy that thing.. possibilities are endless.. I don't know what I would do without my mill and printers...🤣

TL;DR
Get the K10 if your mostly trailing and the Blazer if your want a more capable rock crawler.

All TRX4s are great and really reliable so you can´t really make a wrong decision.

The K10 is the High Trail Edition, it has a longer wheelbase at 336mm (new chassis rails and an extension to the original skidplate) where as the other TRX4s are either 312mm or 324mm, the lift kit with 100mm shocks instead of 90mm...but with a limiter so you lose some uptravel and 2.2 wheels with the larger 2.2 Canyon Trail tires.

Apart from that they are mechanically the same car. Same axles, same portals, gearbox etc.

The K10 obviously has the higher center of gravity, which is detrimental to pure rock crawling performance where we want our CG to be as low as possible, especially when sidehilling.
But it´s going to be great for general trailing in gnarly terrain because of higher ground clearance and longer wheelbase.
And it just looks amazing :love:

If you like modding or scaling out your crawler/trail truck keep in mind that not a lot of bodies out there are compatible with the longer wheelbase though.

Great info everyone! Definitely going the blazer route. Unfortunately the red and black is sold out right now lol.

Can’t wait to get a course setup in the pasture. :)

Just wish I got back into the rc stuff at a warmer point in the year. Going to make some rock climbs with a bunch of old rock and concrete along the sides of this drainage ditch

28F6F66A-EAA3-4409-8766-03864FFE42FA.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back