Torque steer Kraton exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
When under decently heavy acceleration I get torque steer with my kraton 6s exb. Is this pretty common with the kraton? I would assume it is but I have not heard many people talk about it. Running on 6s with a max6 combo.

Are you running the stock tires? With the stock tires mine has what appears to be massive torque steer but it is to one side of the other never the same side. I swapped out the stock tires with Corally Dementor tires and it drives straight now.

Are you running the stock tires? With the stock tires mine has what appears to be massive torque steer but it is to one side of the other never the same side. I swapped out the stock tires with Corally Dementor tires and it drives straight now.
Yes, stock tires for now and this was on the blacktop. I did balance them though as they were terrible out of the box. Definitely need some new tires for the street. Most of the time it will be on the dirt though.

My servo is also pretty poopy and does not return to center well so that could be part of the issue. I have major steering upgrades coming soon which will rule that out. All new linkage and a really good servo.

Well I found another issue that could be causing it. One of the front shocks was missing the lower mount pin that goes in the a-arm. Not sure how it came out as the screw that holds it in is still there and tight. Any aftermarket replacement that is more secure?

Last edited:
Check your bearings, starting with wheel hubs on the side the car is pulling to, then move interior on car checking all bearings.

If you find any with visible damage, replace them.

If you find any that are ‘crunchy’ pop the shields off and submerge/swirl them in break cleaner.

If they still feel crunchy replace them. If not repack them grease and reinstall and see if that corrects issue.

Car barely has any time on it. All the bearing felt fine and I just put new vitavon hubs in it last week.

Ironically enough I had vitavon hub bearing failure after just a few packs. Replaced with fast eddy ceramics. See my build thread for details.

Still recommend bearings as a good starting point if you want to diagnose/ fix your truck.

So took it for another run today on the blacktop in the sun with close to 80 degree air temps. I had replaced the shock pin, servo, and had on proline-street fighter hp wheels/tires and it ran strait and handled great! As hot as the motor got was in the upper 140’s according to my temp gun with a 19t pinion.

0F686F2C-60C2-45D3-8584-4AE19425D6E3.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back