Kraton Totally bulletproof differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am seriiusly disapointed in the stock diff. I keep killing the front, no matter what i do. Is there anything i can do? Is the team magic one really the answer cuz i will pony up the 50 for this diff if it is the 1

No, Team Magic will not work. It's a 6mm drivecup setup i.e. gears on one side will have to be Arrma anyway to get back down to 5mm.

I am seriiusly disapointed in the stock diff. I keep killing the front, no matter what i do. Is there anything i can do? Is the team magic one really the answer cuz i will pony up the 50 for this diff if it is the 1
The front is the one that should never die my dude.
Exb diff open i would say but only for the rear becsuse most diff issues happen on the rear because of the amont of stress under acceleration. The front receives minor abuse because the wheels are berely touching the ground when you run at high speed.

The biggest problem with Arrma is the diffs, 1 have 10 Arrmas and love them all except for constantly rebuilding the diffs. I have found the perfect solution. This is the result of 3 years of testing my solution. 3 years ago I replaced my diffs with Redcat TR MT8e diffs in my Kraton and outcast. Ran tons of 6s packs and totally abused them. Without a single problem. Today I took them apart for service and they still look like brand new. Didn’t have to replace anything, just clean, reassemble put diff fluid in and send it. Just buy complete new Redcat diffs including drive cups, remove Redcat ring gear and replace with arrma ring gear.
Yeah that doesn't work so easy what gear are you using because arrma's ring gear will not except the output of that cup
I think this is a good idea but my ring gear will not fit a 3mm or larger output gear so what are you missing
Yeah that doesn't work so easy what gear are you using because arrma's ring gear will not except the output of that cup
I think this is a good idea but my ring gear will not fit a 3mm or larger output gear so what are you missing
Sorry,5mm shaft

That’s the exb diff I need to know what ring and spur gear is for the red cat 505240
You use the Arrma diff cup, the arrma ring and pinon gear then the red cat internal gears.

You use the Arrma diff cup, the arrma ring and pinon gear then the red cat internal gears.
No point waste of money if you shimmed correctly nothing happens with internals only change pins 2.25mm to drill blanks and I had no issues with them for last 3 years
I can't said this about ring and input gear :)

That’s the exb diff I need to know what ring and spur gear is for the red cat 505240
I know It's the EXB diff. i wasn't posting that as a reply to your post. Just posted it since some were talking about that Redcat Diff and the EXB diff.

I'm going to give the 8 shims a try once I get them. I currently have 4 of those shims.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back