Kraton Totally bulletproof differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder my TR MT8e V2 is such a beast :ROFLMAO: But it came with the all metal center diff & I bought the f/r cups too. Honestly, that mostly plastic truck is stronger & more powerful than any Arrma 1/8 RTR I ever had. The only thing that ever happened to it was pulling a pillow ball. I replaced all 4 corners with aluminum & never gave it a second thought. As for the diffs, I put them in my V2 Outcast on a whim & forgot all about them, until I seen this. But that was back when I was destroying rear diffs in the thing every other run. Both have been collecting dust for a while because of the Kaiju, EXBs, & 1/5 scales. I should check up on them once in a while.
Tr MT8E is definitely a beast. I bought one when they first came out about 5 years ago. I’m still running original diffs from day one. Meanwhile I have had to rebuild my Arrma diffs countless times. I am in the middle of upgrading my MT right now. Some pics in progress.
CE34A94E-365D-47F3-BE20-FFAA02BCE061.jpeg
EC9AF9DA-F958-4812-B2A9-7E38F31258E6.jpeg

Few pics

Attachments

• 1682D7B6-197E-4590-B4AB-5CA604D64C3F.jpeg
    1682D7B6-197E-4590-B4AB-5CA604D64C3F.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 34D6B41E-ABAA-417C-9FA3-DCD2D8B5A27D.jpeg
    34D6B41E-ABAA-417C-9FA3-DCD2D8B5A27D.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Tr MT8E is definitely a beast. I bought one when they first came out about 5 years ago. I’m still running original diffs from day one. Meanwhile I have had to rebuild my Arrma diffs countless times. I am in the middle of upgrading my MT right now. Some pics in progress.View attachment 140957View attachment 140958
Few pics
I got mine off a guy 3-4 yrs ago. It came with a token Rival MT & a huge bag of upgrades for each truck. The diffs and steering blocks were in there too. I wonder what else I could find in there that could spruce it up. I should take a look at that Rival too. It had a ton of upgrades on it already - I never really ran it since I didn't want to try to find parts for it but it looks like that old bag had me completely covered for both trucks.

I got mine off a guy 3-4 yrs ago. It came with a token Rival MT & a huge bag of upgrades for each truck. The diffs and steering blocks were in there too. I wonder what else I could find in there that could spruce it up. I should take a look at that Rival too. It had a ton of upgrades on it already - I never really ran it since I didn't want to try to find parts for it but it looks like that old bag had me completely covered for both trucks.
Rival parts are getting harder and harder to find.

Man this thread really makes me want to try and find the Team Magic E6 V-GEN. RTR V-Gen https://www.ebay.com/c/28034162171

Wow this is brand new as a roller :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • $856.19​

http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/in...d=62&product_id=41974&sort=p.price&order=DESC

I have very limited issues with diffs internals more issues stripping ring gear and input but only in notorious .no matter what I do I just kill them sometimes after week sometimes after month but one time I killed in one day
But I drive I don't save my rigs
They are for fun not to be careful 😉
Anybody tried straight cut diffs ????
Or maybe some diff will fit from other rigs
Complete
Thanks

How would you like a 20% off coupon? If you can get a dealer to ship one to you in the states, you won't be on the hook for the 19% EU VAT that is *included* in the price. That might make it a little more palatable. But then again, an expensive car with no stateside distributor for spare parts might be a risky proposition. One thing I know from over a decade of living overseas, the so-called global economy isn't.

How would you like a 20% off coupon? If you can get a dealer to ship one to you in the states, you won't be on the hook for the 19% EU VAT that is *included* in the price. That might make it a little more palatable. But then again, an expensive car with no stateside distributor for spare parts might be a risky proposition. One thing I know from over a decade of living overseas, the so-called global economy isn't.
I'd rather risk the one on eBay.
Redcat is the only US distributor for parts at the moment.
It's rather sad as Team Magic has some nice stuff and the parts aren't too expensive either.

Redcat doesn't make those Team Magic is the OEM.

I never hear of the MT8e guys having diff problems, those trucks are actually really durable.

@Aussie RC Playground reviewed the Team Magic versions of that truck.
Holy crap. That’s an insane test. My Kraton would be on the operating table flat lining after a test like that. I think that might be my next truck. 😃👍🏼

I picked up a 505240 to try this idea and the cup is maybe 1mm larger diameter so the arrma ring gear does not fit on the diff cup. The outdrives are also a larger diameter. I have a kraton 6s v5. I'll take a better look tomorrow but it seems like I have to buy more to get this to fit.

I picked up a 505240 to try this idea and the cup is maybe 1mm larger diameter so the arrma ring gear does not fit on the diff cup. The outdrives are also a larger diameter. I have a kraton 6s v5. I'll take a better look tomorrow but it seems like I have to buy more to get this to fit.
V5 diffs are different than older models.

V5 diffs are different than older models.
V5 diffs different what way
Internally they are the same diffs with small cosmetic changes safe d input gear etc but size wise they are the same

It’s actually not redcat. Made by Team Magic

505240 is part number for complete diff. Can be used for all three diffs. Running them hard for 3 years with no failures. Compared to my other arrmas, I have to rebuild arrmas 2 to 3 times a year. I literally took them apart after 3 years just to look at them and clean them up. Still looks like new inside.
What about the diffs on the v5 kraton.

I have V3 v4 v5 Armmas and they share cups in my opinion exept limited slip if I am wrong correct me but I swap whole diff between them when I am stuck

Be honest I bashing my cars badly never had issues with internal gears shim them correctly and fill with oil
I have issues with ring gear and input gear only in notorious

Bought 2 doesn't fit disappointed wasted 60 bucks.
I don’t believe anything they said about a redcat diff being that durable. Redcat is one of the most poopy brands out there. I bought a v5 kraton and only needed to shim one diff the center. My diffs been holding up and my 11 year old plays with it. The picture is a that redcat diff their talking about. I’d just buy the original diff and shim them. Inside the diff and the pinion to main gear.

image.jpg

If you need a beefier ring and pinion, change to the EXB diffs. Make sure to get the 18x20 shims if you want an open diff. LSD is fine for Front and Center too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back