Kraton Totally skundered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djBarren

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Somewhat perplexed to say the least.

I received my diff shims today and tore down the front diff and cleaned everything. I placed the o ring in position to start assembly of the diff. For the life of me I can't get the o ring to stay in place when I assemble the cup and shaft.

It's looking like the o ring has swollen. Possibly due to the degreaser?

Now I've to go find new o rings.

I struggled a bit with that as well.. I ended up putting the o-ring in, put the cup in. Throw a bit of silicone in. I slide the pin in and slowly rotated the cup. The o-ring the slide into place for me.

Somewhat perplexed to say the least.

I received my diff shims today and tore down the front diff and cleaned everything. I placed the o ring in position to start assembly of the diff. For the life of me I can't get the o ring to stay in place when I assemble the cup and shaft.

It's looking like the o ring has swollen. Possibly due to the degreaser?

Now I've to go find new o rings.

I had the same problem and did not hit the O rings with degreaser.

Beesy gave good advice, I would go that route. Best of Luck

I wouldn't hit that o ring with any chemicals next time, personally. Just wipe/dab with rag, I put a light coating of diff grease on mine to keep it in place and get better seal. It helps stick that sucker in place.

I misplaced my only bag of the TD shims, so pissed, got my bag of mystery shims by Tekno and was ready to shim diffs.... Errrrrhhh. There currently unavailable on Tower at least and LHS couldn't find a suitable replacement.

Damn, good catch. Searched for the planetary TD310475 and it pulls up 476. Your right I cannot find them anywhere.
Thanks anyway bro, nothing like not being able to buy a friggin 5$ part! Gotta love it. Going bashing with or without them for now, all stock up when I can.

I applied a shim here as well, TD310475. I put the o-ring in, put the shim over the top of it, and used it to keep the o-ring down by applying a bit of pressure on the shim when inserting the shaft.

I have tried that also. Once I go to pop in the pin the bugger pops out again. I'll have another try tonight.

I have tried that also. Once I go to pop in the pin the bugger pops out again. I'll have another try tonight.
Forgot to mention that I coat my finger tips and input shaft with a lighter layer of diff fluid prior to placing shaft into cup. Helps seal against o ring, when/if it pops up, can usually seat it with finger nails with gentle pressure and it stays put from adhesion, then spacer and pin locks her down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back