Granite Tough!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When a parent asks me what should they get their kid I always point them to the granite. Stout, tough little truck and a absolute blast to drive. I have had mine for 6 months or so and still haven’t broke a thing. Some would say I don’t drive it hard enough. Lol to that.

If i could go back in time i would have bought the gratine instead of my kraton 4s maybe cheap little truck small lightwait=almost bullet proof
And sick looking truck
ANd realised the rustler 4x4 has the same size and wheel base and the rustler is 80$ more expensive and you guys know my opinion of that thing already so

Love my Granite, got mine a few months ago for $250 shipped new with the Tactic. You get a lot of truck for the price.

I just rebuilt my Granite and plan on taking it and the Kraton out soon. I think the Granite might be a tad more durable in some aspects, but less durable in others. The Kraton has better outer driveshafts, a better slipper and spur, motor, ESC, body mounts, wheels and tires, hubs, and caster blocks. The Granite has more durable arms due to its more narrow stance, shorter wheelbase, and lower overall weight. For a beginner I would highly recommend the any of the 3S version tho. The BRCC is a stretched Granite with poor tires. The Typhon has 17mm hexes stock. The Senton has a body and bumpers that protect it much more. Each has its own benefits and downsides. Comes down to how and where you bash.

I just rebuilt my Granite and plan on taking it and the Kraton out soon. I think the Granite might be a tad more durable in some aspects, but less durable in others. The Kraton has better outer driveshafts, a better slipper and spur, motor, ESC, body mounts, wheels and tires, hubs, and caster blocks. The Granite has more durable arms due to its more narrow stance, shorter wheelbase, and lower overall weight. For a beginner I would highly recommend the any of the 3S version tho. The BRCC is a stretched Granite with poor tires. The Typhon has 17mm hexes stock. The Senton has a body and bumpers that protect it much more. Each has its own benefits and downsides. Comes down to how and where you bash.
I've never broken an outer driveshaft ? It's always the half that attaches to the diff and they are the same on the 3s and 4s rigs. The slipper/spur/ESC/motor you mention are needed to run the Kraton because it is significantly heavier than the Granite. We've been down this road before. While it might not have been your experience, the general consensus is the Granite is less likely to break than the Kraton 4s ???

I've never broken an outer driveshaft ? It's always the half that attaches to the diff and they are the same on the 3s and 4s rigs. The slipper/spur/ESC/motor you mention are needed to run the Kraton because it is significantly heavier than the Granite. We've been down this road before. While it might not have been your experience, the general consensus is the Granite is less likely to break than the Kraton 4s ???
I’ve broken mostly the outer shaft segments. I think the only inner one was actually the output shaft that broke. I haven’t had a single Kraton shaft issue, but I’ve broken probably 10 or so between the Granite and Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back