Tower 2 Tower brace for Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izzy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Raider
  3. Talion
Does anyone know who makes a Tower-2-Tower brace for the notorious?

It's the same as any other... just shorter. I think I used 3/4" box stock for mine on my outcast (same as notorious, just different body).
2018-1225-OutcastSideBodyOff.jpg

I may have done mine different than some as I put mine on the top of both towers. I made it about 1.5" too long, then about 3/4" from the end, I cut a notch half way through so it would slip down over the top of the towers. Then zipties to hold it. I might be using velcro to hold it now... got tired of wasting zips.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. I will try that.

I had to destroy the X braces in the body tower thing in the middle so the bar would go through there. It's easiest if you take the top off that, remove the x braces, figure out the bar, then put the top piece back on, vs trying to jam it through with the top piece on.

I had to destroy the X braces in the body tower thing in the middle so the bar would go through there. It's easiest if you take the top off that, remove the x braces, figure out the bar, then put the top piece back on, vs trying to jam it through with the top piece on.
That's a good idea. I will try to keep body tower x brace somewhat together.

I made a similar one using the @Thomas P video
Same for a Notorious, just shorten the length.

Attachments

• 20181218_222919.jpg
    20181218_222919.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20181218_222956.jpg
    20181218_222956.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 29
man im all about that jenny craig plan for my trucks... less breakage and more air...
I'm still on the carb load diet, with less air and less breakage but more chips and booze;)

Just finished my T2T brace on my notorious,used a pc of hardened steel 1/4x5/8 took two notches out to fit over towers and for the middle x brace I just unscrewed the two x braces and folded down. Didn't have to cut.

Just finished my T2T brace on my notorious,used a pc of hardened steel 1/4x5/8 took two notches out to fit over towers and for the middle x brace I just unscrewed the two x braces and folded down. Didn't have to cut.
A pic of the finished product would be nice. Ideas for other members.

Attachments

• IMG_5195.JPG
    IMG_5195.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5194.JPG
    IMG_5194.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5192.JPG
    IMG_5192.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 43
The brace ideally should be as low as possible on the rear shock tower.
Personal preference as far as I'm concerned. Put it low if all you want to limit is chassis flex. Put it high if you want to limit chassis flex and having your towers fold in. If I ran non-stock towers, then I'd probably mount mine low.

However, I tried running a narrow piece of steel and there are two issues. 1, it's heavy and your putting a lot of weight in the worse possible place, high. and 2, it's too narrow and causes the towers to buckle in the middle pretty easily, then they crack when you straighten them back out.

Use the box aluminum seems to help with both issues. Spreads the load a bit so the tower doesn't buckle in the middle, and it's fairly light.

Personal preference as far as I'm concerned. Put it low if all you want to limit is chassis flex. Put it high if you want to limit chassis flex and having your towers fold in. If I ran non-stock towers, then I'd probably mount mine low.

However, I tried running a narrow piece of steel and there are two issues. 1, it's heavy and your putting a lot of weight in the worse possible place, high. and 2, it's too narrow and causes the towers to buckle in the middle pretty easily, then they crack when you straighten them back out.

Use the box aluminum seems to help with both issues. Spreads the load a bit so the tower doesn't buckle in the middle, and it's fairly light.
Thanks for help, I hope what I did will hold up. Only time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back