Outcast Tower Hobbies Orange Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I just noticed on tower hobbies website that they have two Outcast's available. One is the normal Dark Silver, which is available in late April and the other is Orange, which is available in late June. Does anybody have any pictures of the not yet release Orange Outcast?

Good catch. My usual trick, doing a Google Image search for "Arrma Outcast" and selecting the filter for orange images, doesn't turn up anything. It looks like Tower is expecting the orange one in late June, so there may not be any images out there in the public world yet. The dark silver is expected late April now, so it's good that I ordered mine last week as soon as they came in stock.

Last edited:
No pics !! But what is this warning all about
IMG_3255.PNG

Probably heavy metals. A lot of items at Tower carry that warning.

I wonder if the decals will be the same color. The red in the decals would clash with an orange body, IMO.

..... who wants to eat the body of his rc-car?...

Every day it could happens that an airplane will fall down on my head... Do they forbidden flying? :mad:
Working is also not good for my health.... Do they give us money for nothing? ;-)

Some warnings are important but some others..........

View attachment 8370
That is on all Arrma products and some other brands as well on the Tower Hobbies website. I always assumed that maybe they used leaded solder but don't really know. You have to keep in mind that everything causes cancer in the state of California. I'm pretty sure breathing and drinking water also cause cancer in California.

It's not lead in the solder, or electronic components.
All electronics now are PB Free/RoHS, unless we are talking about those components used in Mil-Spec or Aerospace applications.
There is however at least one substance used in Arrma's products that have been deemed carcinogenic according to the State of California. They do not identify what the material is though. There are a lot chemicals identified as "known offenders", or carcinogens - as identified under California State legislation and recognized/identified under Prop 65:

https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/proposition-65-list

Unless you are eating your truck, it is a moot point/non issue, but mandatory to report based on the stipulation of Prop 65.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that substance be the diff oils? We tried shipping two chassis here to SA (just the chassis with the diffs and all the suspension arms and all that) and I was sent back twice due to "dangerous substances". And we assume it is the diff oils???

All three colours look very cool.
I am partial to the blue...looks awesome, and it contrasts nicely with the red anodized components!
Would have been nice had they offered a few colours at the date of release...as I do like the silver but it would not have been my first choice if there were others to choose from.
I think a yellow body would look the best!

Those matte finish colors are probably painted on the outside like the Big Rock...Just a guess

View attachment 8370

Seems I heard there is a law in California that says you can sue the maker of product with an unlabeled carcinogen even if you have not been effected by the product. Add to that California has their own list of what can cause cancer that grows every year... Result - most vendors will had the warning even if they think they are clear, just to reduce the chance of getting sued.

Everything causes cancer in California. It's stupid.

The orange color is my least favorite. I'd take the bronze or candy blue or dark silver over orange any day. And no thank you to a body painted on the outside. I like the matte finish but paint on the outside is a bad idea. Has Arrma seen the way we torture these trucks?

Maybe they were going for the visual thing since so many people launch them into orbit, it might be easier to see?

I like the gold, but it is very close to the current color. Saw muskito's post this morning (very nice) and put my Outcast body on "to do" table to receive paint. Any suggestions...I'm no artist, so one or two colors will stretch my limits.

I like the gold, but it is very close to the current color. Saw muskito's post this morning (very nice) and put my Outcast body on "to do" table to receive paint. Any suggestions...I'm no artist, so one or two colors will stretch my limits.
I really wished that I had painted the fender and bumper areas Matte Black! If you look closely, there are little indents on the fenders. If the fenders were matte black, I could have put tiny screws in those holes to give it that bolted on look. Oh well, I'll do that on the next body ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back