Typhon Tower to tower brace on typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avyn Nix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello Arrma forum I’m wondering if it’s possible to install a carbon fiber center tower to tower brace on a typhon 6s? I’m only asking because the limitless has the tower to tower brace the same body mounting positions as the typhon.
E393BF63-75A5-4C94-9E4F-569EF32620ED.png

Would be the same as the notorious as they share the same chassis. Body fitment may be a challenge. You might be better off just replacing the plastic chassis braces with the outcast 6s 7075 set. It would give you extra durability and additional stiffness. Plus you wont have to remove the center brace to service.

Yes, those mounts work. And as mentioned, the NOTO brace drops right in. @GraniteFox makes a valid point about structure and service accessibility. I did this on one of my Typhons and got the Basher Queen carbon T2T brace which is awesome, but I wasn’t running the stock body.

I use one for my stretched typhon speed runner because I had to delete the front chassis brace- long story short, fitment issues w/ the flipped motor mount. There was way too much chassis flex without it so I use a kraton t2t, but had drill another hole in the front of the body to make it fit.

20220828_170326.jpg

20220828_170446.jpg

Ok I’ll just get the exb chassis braces and call it good because I have the exb chassis for the outcast already

Limitless and typhon do not mount in the same position, as @joshludden said you have to make a hole further up on the typhon body (see his pictures). The Limitless front post is further forward and will sit your body higher in the front than the stock position. If you are offroad bashing this typhon I don't recomend it because that hole you have to make is so close to the edges it makes the body very weak at that point and breaks easily. I did it to 2 bodies and even reinforced them there and still broke them easy. I gave up on the brace after that. If this is a street typhon then you shouldn't have problems

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back