TP 5670CM 2510KV Takes Out XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprise surprise Raz blows more money making mistakes everyone told him would happen.
If it had gone in his favor and he beat the last run, is he the type of dude that would come back and say "see, others burned up probably from user error" or is he more on the humble side? I don't know him enough or watched enough of his vids to get a clear read of him.

If it had gone in his favor and he beat the last run, is he the type of dude that would come back and say "see, others burned up probably from user error" or is he more on the humble side? I don't know him enough or watched enough of his vids to get a clear read of him.
Not sure. Hard to say really. From what I've seen of him he tends to come down more on the humble side of things. I'm a little surprised that he tried this after blowing up an XLX2 with a 1920KV 6-pole. I guess he couldn't resist the urge to try it anyways.

Raz attempts to run the 5670CM and...well, it doesn't go brilliantly.
Ah, jeez…. I’m currently waiting on my custom TP 5670 to arrive, however it wasn’t the CM and it is sensored. It’s been suggested that those experiencing this 🔥 when pairing the 6-pole TP’s with the XLX2 have not been using sensored motors, and those that have been using sensored motors do not experience this. I did order the 1270kv, though. Now I’m nervous 😬 !

Ah, jeez…. I’m currently waiting on my custom TP 5670 to arrive, however it wasn’t the CM and it is sensored. It’s been suggested that those experiencing this 🔥 when pairing the 6-pole TP’s with the XLX2 have not been using sensored motors, and those that have been using sensored motors do not experience this. I did order the 1270kv, though. Now I’m nervous 😬 !
You should be perfectly fine with 1270KV. No need to worry :)

I think you’ll be fine. IIRC correctly @LibertyMKiii told me as long as you stick with under 1400kv with a 6 pole then you’ll be fine. I asked him about it when I bought the 5670 1270kv.

FWIW, I think all the talk about sensored vs. not sensored and whether or not this has anything to do with the ESC going up in flames was nothing more than speculation. My own speculation is that it doesn't make a difference whether it's sensored or not and until someone does some repeated 8S speed runs with a sensored high KV 6-pole motor, you won't be able to convince me otherwise. But that's just me. :)

You should be perfectly fine with 1270KV. No need to worry :)
Thanks!
I think you’ll be fine. IIRC correctly @LibertyMKiii told me as long as you stick with under 1400kv with a 6 pole then you’ll be fine. I asked him about it when I bought the 5670 1270kv.
Thanks!
I feel like my build is going to spontaneously combust and I haven’t even found a damned road yet!
FWIW, I think all the talk about sensored vs. not sensored and whether or not this has anything to do with the ESC going up in flames was nothing more than speculation. My own speculation is that it doesn't make a difference whether it's sensored or not and until someone does some repeated 8S speed runs with a sensored high KV 6-pole motor, you won't be able to convince me otherwise. But that's just me. :)
You might indeed be right. I was theorizing that if the ESC knew exactly what the motor was doing (sensored) than the ESC becoming confused by the 6-pole issue may cease to matter. That was my hope anyway. At any rate, it’ll be a long time before I’ll be running WOT on 8s.

Raz has earned my ESC Smoker Decal!

1671032653123.png

How would I get some to him?

Raz has earned my ESC Smoker Decal!

View attachment 262604

How would I get some to him?

I have his address ;)

I have seen a few sides of him, but overall he comes across as humble. He certainly likes to warn people about things they should not waste their money on which I can appreciate. I think he would call out user error if that really was the case, but it is pretty well known that you cannot go high KV with 6 pole motors on the Castle ESCs. To that end, I don't think any ESC on the market can survive.

Agreed, the damage occurs at high RPMs and high amp loads, which is not when the sensored operation occurs. From what I understand the sensored operation only occurs in the low RPMs and then reverts back to the standard back emf operation in the mid and high rpm range.

Last edited:
I’ve been curious, does anyone know the region of Israel where his airstrip is? I have friends close to Israel.

Not sure on that. I know its not close to where he lives based on some comments he has said about the time it takes to get there.
Now I’m gonna be on a Google earth mission to find the airstrip. Lol. Based on his videos I’d guess he lives somewhere near Tel Aviv and I think he said it’s an hour and a half drive.

Now I’m gonna be on a Google earth mission to find the airstrip. Lol. Based on his videos I’d guess he lives somewhere near Tel Aviv and I think he said it’s an hour and a half drive.
So…Gaza? 😂

You might indeed be right. I was theorizing that if the ESC knew exactly what the motor was doing (sensored) than the ESC becoming confused by the 6-pole issue may cease to matter. That was my hope anyway. At any rate, it’ll be a long time before I’ll be running WOT on 8s.
Yeah, no...unfortunately not. As @LibertyMKiii correctly pointed out, the ESC only functions in sensored mode at low RPMs and then seamlessly transitions to non-sensored mode. On the MMX8S you could actually select between half sensored and full sensored operation. The XLX2 has but one mode of operation.

You're well within safe limits at 1270KV. My big block is 1440KV and I'm not worried about having any problems with it.

Yeah, no...unfortunately not. As @LibertyMKiii correctly pointed out, the ESC only functions in sensored mode at low RPMs and then seamlessly transitions to non-sensored mode. On the MMX8S you could actually select between half sensored and full sensored operation. The XLX2 has but one mode of operation.

You're well within safe limits at 1270KV. My big block is 1440KV and I'm not worried about having any problems with it.
Thank you. Hope springs eternal. Unless you‘re rooting for Morocco right now.
Dammit, it’s over. They put up a hell of a fight. Go Argentina!!! 🇦🇷

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back