TP 5670CM 2510KV Takes Out XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me guess, they work for a group who test the air defense of Israel... :ROFLMAO:
They’ve never spoken about that. They’re just trying to survive in an Apartheid state as land they’ve held for centuries is inexorably stripped away while being afforded no legal means to contest it.

I'm still trying to figure this whole xlx2 and 6 poles above 1400kv business out. But thanks to this thread I canceled the TP 5670 2510k I ordered for my build.
Can someone give a Clifford's version of what's happening and why? I figured a higher end esc would be capable.
And here I thought I was being resourceful when I ordered the biggest can with highest kv rated for 8s. Raz can afford to burn poop up, I can't....

I'm still trying to figure this whole xlx2 and 6 poles above 1400kv business out. But thanks to this thread I canceled the TP 5670 2510k I ordered for my build.
Can someone give a Clifford's version of what's happening and why? I figured a higher end esc would be capable.
And here I thought I was being resourceful when I ordered the biggest can with highest kv rated for 8s. Raz can afford to burn poop up, I can't....

All Castle motors are 4 pole.
The Castle XLX2 does not work well with 6 pole motors when running over 30k rpms and a heavy load applied.

In a basher short bursts of power you might not see any issues (MIGHT NOT)
Either way it has been said to go with a lower KV to be on the safe side so that RPMs are kept under 30k. The alternative is to run a Leopard or Castle motor, which is 4 pole. Or stick with a TP4070 or 4080 which are also 4 pole.

FWIW 2510kv seems very high for 8s. That likely would have run hot.

Last edited:
All Castle motors are 4 pole.
The Castle XLX2 does not work well with 6 pole motors when running over 30k rpms and a heavy load applied.

In a basher short bursts of power you might not see any issues (MIGHT NOT)
Either way it has been said to go with a lower KV to be on the safe side so that RPMs are kept under 30k. The alternative is to run a Leopard or Castle motor, which is 4 pole. Or stick with a TP4070 or 4080 which are also 4 pole.
Thanks for that info.
Mind if I pick your brain for a second? What are your thoughts on a TP5680 1054kv for speed runs? I came across a combo on FB market that the seller is will to separate and sell for 100. I'm grabbing it just because its cheap(almost $500 for the I was ordering) My concern is with that motor rated for 10s, 8s would be underpowering it.

Thanks for that info.
Mind if I pick your brain for a second? What are your thoughts on a TP5680 1054kv for speed runs? I came across a combo on FB market that the seller is will to separate and sell for 100. I'm grabbing it just because its cheap(almost $500 for the I was ordering) My concern is with that motor rated for 10s, 8s would be underpowering it.
Possibly this one, a 1070?

1680271284756.png

I have not owned but just one 56 series TP motor so I may not be the best to ask on this subject. My concern is that the KV might be a little too low and the wire diameter might also be reduced enough where it might not like high amperage. You can see the amperage rating for the 1440 motor is nearly 47% higher.

Thanks for that info.
$100 is a great deal for a large can TP. But I have to agree with your assessment that a 1000KV motor will, more than likely, be underpowered on 8S. I think you could make that motor work for bashing in a Kraton or some other large off-road vehicle, but I have reasonable doubts as to its usefulness when it comes to speed running on 8S. I have the 1440KV version of the 5680. I haven't used it for speed running yet as I've been stretching my legs on 3S & 4S and that's a bit low on KV for 12-16V (though I may try it out at a later date, even if just for :poop:'s & giggles). I've taken it out for a test drive on 4S and I'm very much looking forward to giving it a more serious go this summer.

Possibly this one, a 1070?

View attachment 289471

I have not owned but just one 56 series TP motor so I may not be the best to ask on this subject. My concern is that the KV might be a little too low and the wire diameter might also be reduced enough where it might not like high amperage. You can see the amperage rating for the 1440 motor is nearly 47% higher.
He said 1054 kv and it's was being sold with a 16S ESC(looks like one of those Chinesium ones from Aliexpress). Looking into it, looks like I erred with cells. I can only find this specific motor in Mamba's AliExpress store and not his ebay one .
Screenshot_20230331_130011_AliExpress.jpg

$100 is a great deal for a large can TP. But I have to agree with your assessment that a 1000KV motor will, more than likely, be underpowered on 8S. I think you could make that motor work for bashing in a Kraton or some other large off-road vehicle, but I have reasonable doubts as to its usefulness when it comes to speed running on 8S. I have the 1440KV version of the 5680. I haven't used it for speed running yet as I've been stretching my legs on 3S & 4S and that's a bit low on KV for 12-16V (though I may try it out at a later date, even if just for :poop:'s & giggles). I've taken it out for a test drive on 4S and I'm very much looking forward to giving it a more serious go this summer.
My thoughts exactly. Even if I can't use it here, eventually I will find something and have a decent TP motor on hand for $100. Think I'm going to look into the 1440kvs then.

He said 1054 kv and it's was being sold with a 16S ESC(looks like one of those Chinesium ones from Aliexpress). Looking into it, looks like I erred with cells. I can only find this specific motor in Mamba's AliExpress store and not his ebay one .View attachment 289507

My thoughts exactly. Even if I can't use it here, eventually I will find something and have a decent TP motor on hand for $100. Think I'm going to look into the 1440kvs then.

With top tier lipos that can hold power well you are looking at voltage under load in the 26.5 - 28v range.

Consider loaded the motor runs about 82-78% efficiency.

1440 * 0.8 = 1152 loaded kv
1152 * 27v = 31.1 k rpms.

Raz mentioned over gearing to pull the voltage sag more to keep it under 30k rpms. That will likely be what you have to do or run cheaper lipos like some CNHL 90c 9500mAh packs that sag like grandma's 🦉🦉

With top tier lipos that can hold power well you are looking at voltage under load in the 26.5 - 28v range.

Consider loaded the motor runs about 82-78% efficiency.

1440 * 0.8 = 1152 loaded kv
1152 * 27v = 31.1 k rpms.

Raz mentioned over gearing to pull the voltage sag more to keep it under 30k rpms. That will likely be what you have to do or run cheaper lipos like some CNHL 90c 9500mAh packs that sag like grandma's 🦉🦉
Both are part of the plan. Will start with 30/40 and walk the pinion tooth count up past 34 if temps allow it. The 4s CNHLs that I'm looking at are the 120c 8000mah black hardcased racing series. I got the 3s version(same specs) and grew found of them. Might even try this same build on 6s with my TP4050 1900kv for a laugh. It just looks so tiny when mounted on this custom SWB chassis vs how it looked on the EXB chassis...
20230319_070453.jpg
Going to get me a PPS mount next week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back