TP 5670CM questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
The 5670 is the largest motor I can fit in my build at 102mm. When you look at the TPPower website under specs for this motor it shows “4-pole/6-pole”?!?! I’ve contacted TP twice (no response since before thanksgiving) and contacted RMamba as well today. RMamba says these are also available as sensored motors. Anyone know of these being available in a 4-pole design? I’m thinking a 4-pole sensored 5670CM would pair perfectly with my XLX2.

I think tp website was an error.

I think tp website was an error.
I’m hoping not. There are other 56xx motors out there in 4-pole. And I think the 5670CM is relatively new, right? I hope it’s not an error.

I asked TP the same thing. It's a typo. The 56xx and 58xx are all 6-pole without exception.

I can tell you with 100% certainty...if there was a 4-pole large can TP, it would already long be part of my collection. Sorry to burst the bubble, but I can empathize. I called that bubble my home for a few days/weeks too :)

What is this build for? You could always get a leopard motor if you really want 4 pole.

What is this build for? You could always get a leopard motor if you really want 4 pole.
Speed run car. I’ve looked at the Leopards, price point is certainly attractive. Non-sensored though. I guess I’ll be choosing between a sensored TP 5670 in 6-pole or a non-sensored Leopard in 4-pole. I’m not sure why some have such great luck with those big TP 6-poles and others have fits when trying to run them with an XLX2. I want the sensored TP 5670, but I don’t want a ton of issues running it.

Speed run car. I’ve looked at the Leopards, price point is certainly attractive. Non-sensored though. I guess I’ll be choosing between a sensored TP 5670 in 6-pole or a non-sensored Leopard in 4-pole. I’m not sure why some have such great luck with those big TP 6-poles and others have fits when trying to run them with an XLX2. I want the sensored TP 5670, but I don’t want a ton of issues running it.
I will say my sensored tp 5650 1720 kv has been just fine with my xlx 2. I'd say yolo the tp motor. I don't think anyone who has had problems with the 6 pole xlx2 stuff was using sensored.

I’m hoping not. There are other 56xx motors out there in 4-pole. And I think the 5670CM is relatively new, right? I hope it’s not an error.
All TP motors in the 56mm and 58mm diameter ranges are 6-pole sadly.
The additional poles add torque but the ESC does not like high KV.

I have seen mixed reviews on what KV is too much. Some say anything over 1400 others say 1700 is the high end.
Either way they have tons of torque.

I never ran this setup more than about 60mph on my residential street.... How well it will perform or what it is capable of I will never know.
BUT it ran so smoothly with no cogging. I was really impressed with how it felt.
I had it geared aggressively for 150-ish mph with a 44T pinion and 29t spur.

Leopard 5692 1340kv

20200706_211100.jpg

Go big or go home with the 10 pole TP 100 https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tp-100

I never ran this setup more than about 60mph on my residential street.... How well it will perform or what it is capable of I will never know.
BUT it ran so smoothly with no cogging. I was really impressed with how it felt.
I had it geared aggressively for 150-ish mph with a 44T pinion and 29t spur.

Leopard 5692 1340kv

View attachment 260811

Go big or go home with the 10 pole TP 100 https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tp-100
I actually have the 5882 1360kv leopard in one of my felony and I have to agree with you. They're easy on the esc too. I actually liked it more than the castle 1717 I had in there before.

I think I’m going to try the sensored 5670 TP.
I seriously appreciate the feedback, guys. Especially @LibertyMKiii @K-BASH @Diem Turner and @Moirae I’m probably going to try a Leopard motor in another build I’m doing. I keep hearing really good things about them and the price point is great.
Thanks again!
Ya‘ll will be seeing a couple NIB motors on classifieds soon.

Believe me when I say this,you want a low kv motor or you'll have a hard time controlling it..my next motor will be lower kv than I've been running,I'm looking at 1010kv,or 1170kv..how else is the fastest going that fast in such a short distance???????900kv big cans Re the way I believe..all his 190+ runs are a tp big cans.LOW RPMS(AMP DRAW),ALL TORQUE..I Can Cleary tell by the way car sounds.id be interested in that 1170kv you have when ,if your ready to sell,

I think I’m going to try the sensored 5670 TP.
I seriously appreciate the feedback, guys. Especially @LibertyMKiii @K-BASH @Diem Turner and @Moirae I’m probably going to try a Leopard motor in another build I’m doing. I keep hearing really good things about them and the price point is great.
Thanks again!
Ya‘ll will be seeing a couple NIB motors on classifieds soon.
As an FYI on quality....
I spoke with a guy that re-winds motors about making a custom leopard motor with higher KV.
He has taken all the different brand motors apart and said the Leopard is pretty good, but they use a lower-grade copper wire that does not handle heat as well as something like TP Power's copper wire.

As an FYI on quality....
I spoke with a guy that re-winds motors about making a custom leopard motor with higher KV.
He has taken all the different brand motors apart and said the Leopard is pretty good, but they use a lower-grade copper wire that does not handle heat as well as something like TP Power's copper wire.
Good to know, thank you. The more I learn from you guys the more I realize how much I still have to learn!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back