TP motor advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I was set on a Castle MX & 1515 (2200kv) for my Typhon but have ended up with a pretty much brand new MX so now exploring other motor options.

Typhon will be more of a road racer rather then trying to break any speed records so wondering which series of TP Power to look at and noticed they do sensored options which I like from my current MX/1515 set up.

My typhon gt8 Porsche road racer build. TP 4050cm 3200kv.

I was set on a Castle MX & 1515 (2200kv) for my Typhon but have ended up with a pretty much brand new MX so now exploring other motor options.

Typhon will be more of a road racer rather then trying to break any speed records so wondering which series of TP Power to look at and noticed they do sensored options which I like from my current MX/1515 set up.

Given the Typhon's chassis length you will be limited on can length. This takes the 4070 off the list, I believe the 4060 is a tight squeeze. 4050 may be the best fit? (im not 100% sure)
Then you have to look at KV options I assume you will run on 6s?

If you are not looking for outright top speed, then your concern will be temps while running.
Y winds pull less amps
Lower KVs pull less amps
Lower KVs help keep temps down.

Picking a KV for the motor is a highly debated topic. For me I would go with something in the 1500-2000 kv range for 6s use.
You can get TP motors with vented end caps which helps temps, and of course fans and heatsink combos.

-Liberty

I was thinking

4240 7D 2100kv or 4Y 1980kv
4250 3Y 2100kv or 6D 1950kv

But they all seem to be an amp hog for the MX
If I’m miles off let me know!

As said my on experience has been with stock or the sensored MX/1515 2200kv Castle set up.

Last edited:
Right guys it now down to

MMX running either the 1515 (2200kv) or the TP 4250 (2100kv) (sensored version of the 4050)

Anyone have any inputs or ran either?

It’s time to order!

So MMX is on route and just need to order motor...

Pretty sure I’ll be going TP ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back