Typhon TP Power 4070cm 2700kv help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyJonny1976

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello all, I just found out that TP Power recommends 8mm male bullet connectors for the 4070cm 2700kv motor I bought for my Typhon. My question is is there a bullet adapter that can go from a 8mm Male on the motor side to the stock 4mm female bullet connectors of stock esc for the most recent Typhon? Thanks guys!!! Jon-

Sounds like it might be time to solder. Does that motor fit in the Typhon? It seems long to me. Just curious!

20180411_183738.jpg
20180411_183738.jpg
Nice motor, I'm running the kill mode version of that motor with a castle XLX. .the TP kill mode and 4070cm are the same length. Your going to have to dremel/grind away a little of the rear arm . Imo this application is mainly suited for onroad/speed runs, also you may be regulated to bigger pinions. As the smaller the pinion the more you may have to gind off the arm because the motor has to slide closer to the spur.

Last edited:
View attachment 17950 View attachment 17950 Nice motor, I'm running the kill mode version of that motor with a castle XLX. .the TP kill mode and 4070cm are the same length. Your going to have to dremel/grind away a little of the rear arm . Imo this application is mainly suited for onroad/speed runs, also you may be regulated to bigger pinions. As the smaller the pinion the more you may have to gind off the arm because the motor has to slide closer to the spur.
Hey what spur and pinion set up p do you have for speed runs? How do I change the spur gear? Jon-

You have to get the hot racing center diff spool locker. It locks the diff and also allows you to use revo spur gears, which come in a wide variety.

Hey Jon you should've kept all your 4070 questions In one thread. I got my typhon as a roller, so I don't know what esc It comes with, but I've never seen anyone mix gauge wire from the motor to esc. see If you can unsolder the wires from the esc and change them to the motors gauge. If not just get a different esc.

Last edited:
View attachment 17950View attachment 17950 Nice motor, I'm running the kill mode version of that motor with a castle XLX. .the TP kill mode and 4070cm are the same length. Your going to have to dremel/grind away a little of the rear arm . Imo this application is mainly suited for onroad/speed runs, also you may be regulated to bigger pinions. As the smaller the pinion the more you may have to gind off the arm because the motor has to slide closer to the spur.
What size pinon and spur gear are you using on your car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back