SOLD / FOUND TP power 5870 1350kv motor 200$$ shipped 2 speedrun passes only on motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
Going to sell this motor as I have a few too many collecting dust.
200$ shipped

List price is 300$ plus shipping.
94F52EF0-5428-4BED-BD68-28BD4E98265D.jpeg

Normally this motor has to get mounted towards the rear, then batteries more forward
View attachment 295862
I just looked it up. My bad, it's 122mm not 112mm. And I have 105mm steering post to mount plate.
20230425_215058.jpg

So 5670 or 5850 is biggest I can fit right now.

Is flipping the motor mount not an option for you?
Look again. It is flipped lol
The confusion is, this is a SWB. Exact ARRMA SWB length. Only the width has been altered to a custom GT style done specifically for Protoform's Corvette C7 swb.

I just looked it up. My bad, it's 122mm not 112mm. And I have 105mm steering post to mount plate.View attachment 295868
So 5670 or 5850 is biggest I can fit right now.
Yup. Sounds about right.
I have a 5850 in a VTE I’m building. That or a 1721 is what can fit on that one

Look again. It is flipped lol
The confusion is, this is a SWB. Exact ARRMA SWB length. Only the width has been altered to a custom GT style done specifically for Protoform's Corvette C7 swb.
Ok, maybe flipped is the wrong term since it's a relative term depending on your point of view. You have the motor at the front (which, to me, is the standard position from a Limitless/Infraction perspective) and what I'm suggesting (and @vwturbowolf suggested a few posts up) is to flip the mount so that the motor is on the right side of the chassis at the rear. Even on a SWB that should net you several mm since there are no steering posts to contend with.

Ok, maybe flipped is the wrong term since it's a relative term depending on your point of view. You have the motor at the front (which, to me, is the standard position from a Limitless/Infraction perspective) and what I'm suggesting (and @vwturbowolf suggested a few posts up) is to flip the mount so that the motor is on the right side of the chassis at the rear. Even on a SWB that should net you several mm since there are no steering posts to contend with.
It's actually shorter when mounted the right way(for most other 6s SWB platforms). Flipping it this way gains me 15-20mm. I did this after Dude suggested it to me. Actually, I gain more because lining the drive train up meant the motor would hit the rear chassis brace arms. Either way, for this platform there is more room to gain flipping the mount, even if I left the center tower where it designed to be. Don't have my calipers with me so measuring tape will suffice.
Usable space centering drivetrain:
20230428_111027.jpg
Usable space if I left drive train alone:
20230428_111052.jpg

Space I have now:
20230428_111126.jpg

It's actually shorter when mounted the right way(for most other 6s SWB platforms). Flipping it this way gains me 15-20mm. I did this after Dude suggested it to me. Actually, I gain more because lining the drive train up meant the motor would hit the rear chassis brace arms. Either way, for this platform there is more room to gain flipping the mount, even if I left the center tower where it designed to be. Don't have my calipers with me so measuring tape will suffice.
Usable space centering drivetrain:View attachment 295918Usable space if I left drive train alone:View attachment 295919
Space I have now:View attachment 295920
I appreciate you taking the time for the pics. I would have believed you without them :)

So then my next question would be...is there any room to be gained by swapping the front and rear drive shafts and relocating the motor mount? I did this on my Infraction and it opened up new possibilities. I realize the difference will be more pronounced on this LWB car since one drive shaft is a lot longer than the other, I'm just spit balling here.
SAM_6531.JPG

I appreciate you taking the time for the pics. I would have believed you without them :)

So then my next question would be...is there any room to be gained by swapping the front and rear drive shafts and relocating the motor mount? I did this on my Infraction and it opened up new possibilities. I realize the difference will be more pronounced on this LWB car since one drive shaft is a lot longer than the other, I'm just spit balling here.
View attachment 295927
I actually considered that when I saw the motor for sale was 122mm. Went one further. See those driveshafts? Custom 316 surgical steel. If I can get ahold of the guy again, I'd get him to do custom lengths. He did his own unique design on the ends and alot people say it is better for dogbones. Maybe for a future build that may be best, but I'm too far along now to change it.
Post in thread 'What did you buy today?' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-buy-today.48/post-772716

I actually considered that when I saw the motor for sale was 122mm. Went one further. See those driveshafts? Custom 316 surgical steel. If I can get ahold of the guy again, I'd get him to do custom lengths. He did his own unique design on the ends and alot people say it is better for dogbones. Maybe for a future build that may be best, but I'm too far along now to change it.
Post in thread 'What did you buy today?' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-buy-today.48/post-772716
Oh nice, yeah I remember seeing these. Dunno if it's of any help (and I presume you're aware of them) but Scorched makes drive shaft singles starting from 80mm. Might be worth looking to see what two you could pair up to maximize your motor capacity.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...e-drive-shaft-notorious-outcast-typhon-senton

Edit: But you already said you're too far in to change it so just ignore this.

Oh nice, yeah I remember seeing these. Dunno if it's of any help (and I presume you're aware of them) but Scorched makes drive shaft singles starting from 80mm. Might be worth looking to see what two you could pair up to maximize your motor capacity.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...e-drive-shaft-notorious-outcast-typhon-senton

Edit: But you already said you're too far in to change it so just ignore this.
I probably will do another custom swb chassis eventually. I did make some mistakes overthinking this one. Mostly unnecessary holes around the battery mount going back and forth on ideas and I have holes drilled to put center tower where it's supposed to be if problems arise from centering it. Let's call this a rough draft for now. I KNOW that eventually I will want to go as extreme as possible. This summer my goal is to exceed 150mph. Who knows, next summer I may push for 200mph. That speed seems to be quickly becoming a norm.

I probably will do another custom swb chassis eventually. I did make some mistakes overthinking this one. Mostly unnecessary holes around the battery mount going back and forth on ideas and I have holes drilled to put center tower where it's supposed to be if problems arise from centering it. Let's call this a rough draft for now. I KNOW that eventually I will want to go as extreme as possible. This summer my goal is to exceed 150mph. Who knows, next summer I may push for 200mph. That speed seems to be quickly becoming a norm.
Sounds like a plan.

But I'm not sure I'd make the leap from five people going 200mph+ to it becoming a norm. lol...I was going to say five originally as a guess/placeholder but then decided to check to see how many people have gone 200 and over (wheel driven cars, not jets or rockets or tethered). Turns out there are exactly five people. Considering how many people are into speed running (be it peripheral or serious)...I don't think I'd call that a trend. But, I guess to your point, the number of masters over 200mph has grown 2.5x (+150%) since James joined Nic Case in that elite circle. And I think it's all but certain that we'll be adding 3-5 more to the list by the end of the season. So the pace of drivers to punch through is picking up now that it's been demonstrated that 200mph is feasible with off the shelf components. Still not sure about the "norm" thing though.... :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back