Kraton TP power high kv motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have been thinking of getting a TP power motor for my EXB but was wondering if anyone had any experience with these motors. Do these motors have a lot of torque with the high kv ? Are these things super power compared to HW and HS motors?
Thanks for any info you have!

I have been thinking of getting a TP power motor for my EXB but was wondering if anyone had any experience with these motors. Do these motors have a lot of torque with the high kv ? Are these things super power compared to HW and HS motors?
Thanks for any info you have!

What is "high KV" in your book? Also is this staying 6s?
I can tell you that higher KV pulls more amps and generates more Heat. Most bashers have found that something around 1700 kv (+/- 200kv ) is the ideal KV to keep cool and has plenty of torque.

What is "high KV" in your book? Also is this staying 6s?
I can tell you that higher KV pulls more amps and generates more Heat. Most bashers have found that something around 1700 kv (+/- 200kv ) is the ideal KV to keep cool and has plenty of torque.
Some of those motors say 2800 - 3700 and they say they’re 6s capable. That’s why I was asking because the rpm would be so extreme. I run my trucks now on 1730 & 1650 Hobbystar & Hobbywing motors. I am wondering if anyone has tried one of these things and what the results were, I’m aware of the normal operation of brushless motors
Check them out on Ebay

Some of those motors say 2800 - 3700 and they say they’re 6s capable. That’s why I was asking because the rpm would be so extreme. I run my trucks now on 1730 & 1650 Hobbystar & Hobbywing motors. I am wondering if anyone has tried one of these things and what the results were, I’m aware of the normal operation of brushless motors
Check them out on Ebay
Those ratings are for speed runs, not for bashing.

Check them out on Ebay
As @jondilly1974 noted those are in reference for speed runs and you can also note that it says for less than 10 seconds typically.
What they are doing is telling you that the motor can handle those RPMs. There is zero consideration for how the motor is going to burn up in the first 2 minutes of use.
Stick with the 1700 kv motors if you have aluminum upgrades on the Arrma 6s bashers...

Have you ever used or seen the tp motors in a speed run rig? I saw that Kevin Talbot put one in his EXB. He never said what kv it was but it had power and a lot of torque
I have a TP 4050CM 3200kv in my Typhon 3S. I’ve only done a few hits with it so far but I’ve had nothing but issues with that car going straight lately. Not enough testing to really give you much info.

Forget the high KV TP motors in a basher, at a minimum they require primo lipos & a XLX or MMX8 esc.

A $40 AliExpress 4092 Rocket is absolutely insane on 6s, the only downside is the wait!

Forget the high KV TP motors in a basher, at a minimum they require primo lipos & a XLX or MMX8 esc.

A $40 AliExpress 4092 Rocket is absolutely insane on 6s, the only downside is the wait!
Is the 4092 rocket faster or stronger than the hobbystar 4092-1730kv on a Max6? ( my current setup ) I really just want max power without going 8s

You my guy got 2 Monday motors and one Friday motor

Definitely... Before these 3 i never had multiples of identical motors before. I was shocked at the difference, the choice motor is so much snappier + runs cooler to boot!

Definitely... Before these 3 i never had multiples of identical motors before. I was shocked at the difference, the choice motor is so much snappier + runs cooler to boot!
Damn! They were probably messing around like “alright let’s make 1 great motor. Just one. Like let’s put some real time into balancing this B and put on the best magnets of the batch”

Same here I have 2 and 1 is definitely better than the other. I thought maybe they slapped a 1730 sticker on a1480 it was so different.
After some run time it got a little better

I have a TP 4050CM 3200kv in my Typhon 3S. I’ve only done a few hits with it so far but I’ve had nothing but issues with that car going straight lately. Not enough testing to really give you much info.
i know, old post, but how do you like the tp motor? i am trying to decide to go mmx/2650kv on 4s or mmx/tp4050 3080kv, or pick a better esc for this motor. What did you push yours with? I'm looking at putting it in the mini infraction

Imho 3080kv is a little on the high side for 4s and will pull more amps (for the same output), unless you gear accordingly

In the end you can judge motors on 3 aspects:
1 Power (Watts on spec)
2 Efficiency (power in / power out)
3 Durability (when does it burn)

TP is good on 1 and 3 (not saying 2 is bad), CC is good at 1 and 2. So both are good options. A CC motor will give you slightly longer runtimes and the TP will not burn instantly when you gear it a little high.

for the mini infraction the mmx is more than capable of dealing with all the power it can pull. No need to upgrade

Imho 3080kv is a little on the high side for 4s and will pull more amps (for the same output), unless you gear accordingly

In the end you can judge motors on 3 aspects:
1 Power (Watts on spec)
2 Efficiency (power in / power out)
3 Durability (when does it burn)

TP is good on 1 and 3 (not saying 2 is bad), CC is good at 1 and 2. So both are good options. A CC motor will give you slightly longer runtimes and the TP will not burn instantly when you gear it a little high.

for the mini infraction the mmx is more than capable of dealing with all the power it can pull. No need to upgrade
I ended up with the mmx/2650 combo for it. I figure if it’s going to be the little brother to my big infraction I’d stay castle with it too. They are my only castle rigs.

i know, old post, but how do you like the tp motor? i am trying to decide to go mmx/2650kv on 4s or mmx/tp4050 3080kv, or pick a better esc for this motor. What did you push yours with? I'm looking at putting it in the mini infraction
If you’re bashing, keep it to 4S max. If you’re speed running, go up to 6S. These cars don’t take 8S well. I have never owned an MMX, only the MM2, MMX8S, and XLX2. I would still get the MMX8S myself as it has the CryoDrive tech.

If you’re bashing, keep it to 4S max. If you’re speed running, go up to 6S. These cars don’t take 8S well. I have never owned an MMX, only the MM2, MMX8S, and XLX2. I would still get the MMX8S myself as it has the CryoDrive tech.
Yeah i wasn't so sure i could fit that in the mini infraction, i got the mmx/2650 combo so we'll see how it does. keeping it on 4s and may run a 24-26t pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back