Kraton TP Power & Kraton build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeGruber

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I picked up this bad boy a few months back and before I hit pack 2 I started modding. I'll go through the list of changes and post some pics but I do have a question about my new TP Power 4070 1520kv motor. I just finished the install with a Max 6 esc and ran it for the first time last night. Holy hell the power is insane and hats off to the guys at TP. However after the warm up lap i checked temps and took the body off (good thing I did) and noticed two of the four fasteners holding on the front cap (pinion side) disappeared lol. Cap separated a few mm's. I pulled the motor and tore it down to inspect for damage. All seems in good order but after reassembly I noticed excessive rotor end play. I verified all shims and bushings are in place and are in correct order. But I'm not very familiar with internal workings cuz the most I've done is replace bearings and oil them. I've contacted TP and currently waiting on a response. Any one with knowledge on this would be appreciated.

List of upgrades (or unnecessary forms of frivolous spending) are listed as...

Rpm arms, bumper, skid plate, wing mount, mud guards, and turnbuckle ends (traxxis)
hot racing knuckles, diff plate, servo horn, and servo mount
Gpm braces, steering components, and diff x mount thing.
Castle Bec 2.0
Savox 1210
Outcast chassis side guards
Fast Eddy bearings
Voltage hobbies shock towers
Custom T2T
Max 6 ESC
TP Power 4070 1520kv 3y wind motor
Tekno 20 tooth pinion
Diffs are shimmed and oil is 30k 500k 100k back 2 front
Bad lands 3.8's taped (waste of time next set I'm venting and banding)
Proline brute body
and lightning McQueen <- favorite mod ?

Future mods
Typhon bumper behind rpm
Voltage hobbies wing mount or whatever it is behind the rear chassis brace
And hinge pin supports
Killmode cap pack <- on order
And if gpm fails me voltage hobbies will replace them.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20190317_155352.jpg
    20190317_155352.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 20190317_155341.jpg
    20190317_155341.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190317_102454.jpg
    20190317_102454.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 20190317_102450.jpg
    20190317_102450.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 155
  • 20190219_191359.jpg
    20190219_191359.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20190317_102450.jpg
    20190317_102450.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Also forgot to ask about transmitters and radios. Need imput. Not racing a kraton. It's a bash monster.

With that long and heavy of a motor, it needs support on the rear, especially if you're doing big jumps. TP supplies M3x5 screws for the cap and they're only making 3mm of contact inside the can. I used M3x6 screws for an extra 1mm, you cannot go any further, and I also used red loctite.

With that long and heavy of a motor, it needs support on the rear, especially if you're doing big jumps. TP supplies M3x5 screws for the cap and they're only making 3mm of contact inside the can. I used M3x6 screws for an extra 1mm, you cannot go any further, and I also used red loctite.
I wish tp motors were drilled and tapped for m4 screws. I would be more tempted to buy one if they were.

Yeah I plan on supporting the rear somehow but now I have some foam under the motor so it's not just floating. What bugged me was they came out in the first place. I did use loctite on the new fasteners.

I wish tp motors were drilled and tapped for m4 screws. I would be more tempted to buy one if they were.

Mine is M4 where the motor meets the mount. But M3 on the cap. Loctite fixed that issue.

I will have to check when I get home. I have it installed in the Kraton and one spare NIB.

So I picked up this bad boy a few months back and before I hit pack 2 I started modding. I'll go through the list of changes and post some pics but I do have a question about my new TP Power 4070 1520kv motor. I just finished the install with a Max 6 esc and ran it for the first time last night. Holy hell the power is insane and hats off to the guys at TP. However after the warm up lap i checked temps and took the body off (good thing I did) and noticed two of the four fasteners holding on the front cap (pinion side) disappeared lol. Cap separated a few mm's. I pulled the motor and tore it down to inspect for damage. All seems in good order but after reassembly I noticed excessive rotor end play. I verified all shims and bushings are in place and are in correct order. But I'm not very familiar with internal workings cuz the most I've done is replace bearings and oil them. I've contacted TP and currently waiting on a response. Any one with knowledge on this would be appreciated.

List of upgrades (or unnecessary forms of frivolous spending) are listed as...

Rpm arms, bumper, skid plate, wing mount, mud guards, and turnbuckle ends (traxxis)
hot racing knuckles, diff plate, servo horn, and servo mount
Gpm braces, steering components, and diff x mount thing.
Castle Bec 2.0
Savox 1210
Outcast chassis side guards
Fast Eddy bearings
Voltage hobbies shock towers
Custom T2T
Max 6 ESC
TP Power 4070 1520kv 3y wind motor
Tekno 20 tooth pinion
Diffs are shimmed and oil is 30k 500k 100k back 2 front
Bad lands 3.8's taped (waste of time next set I'm venting and banding)
Proline brute body
and lightning McQueen <- favorite mod ?

Future mods
Typhon bumper behind rpm
Voltage hobbies wing mount or whatever it is behind the rear chassis brace
And hinge pin supports
Killmode cap pack <- on order
And if gpm fails me voltage hobbies will replace them.

Cheers
Looks brilliant mate, great build!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back