TP Power Motor Bearing Swap Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I bought a TP4050CM and asked for M3 holes. They sent me a motor with M4 holes and a separate motor cap with M3 holes. However the M3 cap doesn’t have a bearing and the one in the M4 cap seems pressed in. Any hope getting it out? Or just buy another bearing?

59F29041-5B52-4D73-B4AF-0E091FCA4BDC.jpeg

Take the rotor out of the housing and use the shaft of it (that would go into the bearing when closed up) and gently wiggle the bearing out of the cap ??

Hopefully that makes sense ??‍♂️ Ha

I had no issues removing mine. I think I used one of the "wheel nut tools (1/10)" and just hammered it out ?
When I was swapping my blx185’s bearing ... the shaft of the rotor was the ONLY thing I could used. Now I’m not one of those people who doesn’t have tool. I have WAY TO MANY... but I couldn’t get anything else to work.. after fighting with it for like 2 hours I was looking at the rotor and a light bulb struck. Stuck the end of the rotor in the bearing and wigged it back and forth for about 30 seconds and it was done ??‍♂️?

I bought a TP4050CM and asked for M3 holes. They sent me a motor with M4 holes and a separate motor cap with M3 holes. However the M3 cap doesn’t have a bearing and the one in the M4 cap seems pressed in. Any hope getting it out? Or just buy another bearing?

View attachment 92382
Hey, would you happen to know the bearing size for the 4050?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back