Typhon TP/SSS Motor for bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfex

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello Guys, i'm looking for a ESC/Motor Upgrade for my Typhon v4.
Can i put a longer Motor like TP 4070 or SSS 4092 in my Typhon maybe with an XLX?
I just want to use my Typhon for on road bashing not for speedruns and i want the longer motor because i like the way it looks on a stretched Typhon :p

Please excuse any errors in my languge i'm from Germany ;)

Attachments

• 075DE9EC-DBF3-474B-803F-E4BBCFBA52D3.jpeg
    075DE9EC-DBF3-474B-803F-E4BBCFBA52D3.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 152
Hello Guys, i'm looking for a ESC/Motor Upgrade for my Typhon v4.
Can i put a longer Motor like TP 4070 or SSS 4092 in my Typhon maybe with an XLX?
I just want to use my Typhon for on road bashing not for speedruns and i want the longer motor because i like the way it looks on a stretched Typhon :p

Please excuse any errors in my languge i'm from Germany ;)

Language looks very good to me. Welcome to the forum ?

I would highly recommend going with the MMX8s instead of the XLX
It will go just as fast but run cooler (y)

thank you! thats a good idea. i think the mmx8s is a better esc for bashing.

maybe someone can give me a recommendation which TP Motor 4070 for my build? maybe with 2080kv?

How much Ampere is the maximum for the MMX8s?
XLX is maximum 350Ampere right?
They aren't supposed to have an amp limiter, but according to Raz Shifrin the XLX logs max out at around 330A. Warning this video is long, but worth your time if you are new to speed runs.

How much Ampere is the maximum for the MMX8s?
XLX is maximum 350Ampere right?
I spoke with one of the engineers at Castle he stated that the MMX8s does not have limiting on it like the XLX has.

We have a thread about the MMX8s where I shared a video of Phillip Jolley matching his personal best with the XLX on a Typhon 6s at 143mph now using the MMX8s also at 143mph.

I will say the MMX8s has 30 MOSFETS versus 48 in the XLX, but the new control software methods are clearly better. Lower heat, no cogging (even when sensorless), and excellent performance.

XLX has proven to be like a LiPo.... powerful but also volatile. The new MMX8s appears to be just as powerful but not volatile. Zero reports of going up in flames. That happens too often with the XLX sadly.

That same engineer told me it has 2.5x the capacitance. I'm not certain that an external cap pack is necessary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back