Typhon TPHON 6S SET UP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARACERX

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for a basic typhon 6s set up to start with...ride height, droop, camber/ caster.
Thanks for any input !!

More details please so fellows with more knowledge than me on those topics can chime in. 😁

What are your intentions? Everybody's driving style is different and those adjustments are different depending on how you plan on runnin your rig. 👍

Since the Typhon is on my short list, I'm real curious about this thread...

Since the Typhon is on my short list, I'm real curious about this thread...
They are on sale at Horizon for $100 off until the end of the year with Code = NEWYEAR. FedEx delivered mine today, I couldn't pass it up.

PXL_20230125_152752247.jpg
Next up is a 6s Kraton EXB Roller as I already have a spare DX3 and 6s Infraction ESC/Motors from Jennys I can throw in it. I think all I will need is an S652 servo from Jenny's and I should be good for the roller.

Is the TLR tuned worth getting? I hear OEM Arrma chassis bend easy enough that it'll need replacing soon. I bent my Sledge the 3rd outing....

They are on sale at Horizon for $100 off until the end of the year with Code = NEWYEAR. FedEx delivered mine today, I couldn't pass it up.

View attachment 272968Next up is a 6s Kraton EXB Roller as I already have a spare DX3 and 6s Infraction ESC/Motors from Jennys I can throw in it. I think all I will need is an S652 servo from Jenny's and I should be good for the roller.
Congrats! You'll love it! I always said I never wanted one....now I have 2 and LOVE EM!! 👍 😁

More details please so fellows with more knowledge than me on those topics can chime in. 😁

What are your intentions? Everybody's driving style is different and those adjustments are different depending on how you plan on runnin your rig. 👍
We race on outdoor tracks with fairly loose dirt, small to medium sized jumps...

Is the TLR tuned worth getting? I hear OEM Arrma chassis bend easy enough that it'll need replacing soon. I bent my Sledge the 3rd outing....
Not an expert by any means, but I think it has to do with how you want to run it. IIRC, the stock TLR chassis is 7075 were as the Sledge chassis is not. However the stock TLR is not an MC2 chassis - lol. (So yeah, from what I’ve read, you can bend it)

I’ve got a TLR on the way, so I’ll let you know - lol. For me, the TLR was attractive because it’s starting w/a lot of already upgraded bits. So, less upgrades required in the future, which I KNOW I’d end up doing anyway - lol.

Also, I like the tune-ability if I ever wanted to give a track a try. I don’t plan on sending this one to the moon, but am sure I will break stuff - lol.

Last edited:
Congrats! You'll love it! I always said I never wanted one....now I have 2 and LOVE EM!! 👍 😁
Yeah, I think I actually might end up with 2 as well. I have been watching some videos of Typhons off and on road, and saw a thread here today where someone is turning one into a street basher with a Porsche body. Your post, combined with all that, has me thinking I should wish list that Kraton EXB roller (since it is not on sale) and grab a 2nd Typhon now instead before the sale ends. That way I can truggify one for off-road, and convert the other one to on-road. I expect a call from my credit card company asking me if it was actually me that made all these big purchases from Horizon in such a short period of time. :LOL:

Do you happen to know if a typhon has to be truggified to run 42 and 53 hoons?

Edit: Last day of 3x points on Horizon so I guess if I am going to order another car before their current sale ends I should pull the trigger today.

We race on outdoor tracks with fairly loose dirt, small to medium sized jumps...
Competitively or for bragging rights? Will you be doing any plain ol just bashing around? Typhon was my 1st 6s purchase last February, now I have 3 of em- all set up quite differently. Have one that's still on Typhon chassis, but decked out w/ m2c parts. One on a kraton chassis that I set up for speed running, then one stretched on a kraton chassis that is basically a Mojave w/ the typhon body that I use for general foolishness.😆 Your possibilities really are quite vast in the different setups, mostly how you like driving & what terrain you're on. If you'd like more specifics on what I run feel free to ask away, good luck with finding what you want/like!!😃👍🤘

20221202_040001.jpg

20221006_183135.jpg

20230104_232542.jpg

Competitively or for bragging rights? Will you be doing any plain ol just bashing around? Typhon was my 1st 6s purchase last February, now I have 3 of em- all set up quite differently. Have one that's still on Typhon chassis, but decked out w/ m2c parts. One on a kraton chassis that I set up for speed running, then one stretched on a kraton chassis that is basically a Mojave w/ the typhon body that I use for general foolishness.😆 Your possibilities really are quite vast in the different setups, mostly how you like driving & what terrain you're on. If you'd like more specifics on what I run feel free to ask away, good luck with finding what you want/like!!😃👍🤘

View attachment 272984

View attachment 272985

View attachment 272986
Just need a basic starting point for ride height, droop, and caster/ camber like was included with my Tekno instructions (I built an ET48 2.0)- then I can adjust from there...

Just need a basic starting point for ride height, droop, and caster/ camber like was included with my Tekno instructions (I built an ET48 2.0)- then I can adjust from there...
I've never personally even seen a racetrack, so literally know zero about a good track setup. I would assume it would be similar to your tekno, although I assume the typhon is gonna be noticeably heavier than the tekno. 🤷‍♂️ I hope someone w/ more racing experience can help- I think @Yonic is a racer w/ a typhon? Maybe he can chime in & help get you pointed in the right general direction

I've never personally even seen a racetrack, so literally know zero about a good track setup. I would assume it would be similar to your tekno, although I assume the typhon is gonna be noticeably heavier than the tekno. 🤷‍♂️ I hope someone w/ more racing experience can help- I think @Yonic is a racer w/ a typhon? Maybe he can chime in & help get you pointed in the right general direction
Okay, thank you !

Thanks for the shoutout @joshludden!
The standard setup Arrma uses for the Typhon is something around:
ride height 26mm
rear camber -3
droop zero (meaning the center of the axels are at the height of the bottom of the chassis)
shock oil 550cst
diffs 7k-10k-7k

links mounting position you can deduct from the product shots

Yeah, I think I actually might end up with 2 as well. I have been watching some videos of Typhons off and on road, and saw a thread here today where someone is turning one into a street basher with a Porsche body. Your post, combined with all that, has me thinking I should wish list that Kraton EXB roller (since it is not on sale) and grab a 2nd Typhon now instead before the sale ends. That way I can truggify one for off-road, and convert the other one to on-road. I expect a call from my credit card company asking me if it was actually me that made all these big purchases from Horizon in such a short period of time. :LOL:

Do you happen to know if a typhon has to be truggified to run 42 and 53 hoons?

Edit: Last day of 3x points on Horizon so I guess if I am going to order another car before their current sale ends I should pull the trigger today.
The 42 hoons you can use without truggifing it. I have those, but I am running 42 Power Hobby grippers on my stretched street Typhon.

On my truggified Typhon I am running Dboots Backflip LPs with Kraton 6s F/R stub axles with Hobby Park 17mm Hex extenders.

20221208_145909.jpg
VideoCapture_20221230-165700.jpg

ride height 26mm
rear camber -3
droop zero (meaning the center of the axels are at the height of the bottom of the chassis)
shock oil 550cst
diffs 7k-10k-7k

I knew I wouldn't be much help w/ the technically challenging aspect, unless he just wanted to drive it like a raped ape like I do!🤣 Thanks for getting back 👍🤘

ride height 26mm
rear camber -3
shock oil 550cst
diffs 7k-10k-7k

Thank you, that's what i was looking for !!

The 42 hoons you can use without truggifing it. I have those, but I am running 42 Power Hobby grippers on my stretched street Typhon.

On my truggified Typhon I am running Dboots Backflip LPs with Kraton 6s F/R stub axles with Hobby Park 17mm Hex extenders.

View attachment 272999View attachment 273000
Thanx for the reply and info. I thought the 42's might fit but I didn't want to take off the stock ones to measure with my calipers and my 53's are also on the back of a couple of drag slashes right now.

Thx 4 the tip on the PH wheels. I have seen those before but haven't tried them yet so I may grab a set of those instead of another 53's until I decide if I want to truggify both my Typhons or just 1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back