Typhon TpParts RcXtreme | ARRMA Typhon 4x4 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Nice to see Arrma sent out some early samples. Looks like it moves out pretty good on 3s. Bounces around a bit, but I guess that is a sign of less weight? What is the total weight difference compared to the Typhon 6s? Last - have you had any of the other plastic 4x4 Arrmas?

Bone stock, cold. Have not played anything with the shocks yet. No i do not know sir, but the feeling is veey very good, instant..and thought it would..or thought, been racing 1/10th 4wd buggy for years with slipper, so its all in tje finger, trqction is good, beaves very nice

What a car..the all new ARRMA Typhon 4x4 3s BLX, been testkng it, and all i can say WOW, so light, and so fast..i am in love with this one..a 50mph one, and light as few... 17mm hex ? as stock..tires are each 10gr lighter meaning 40+ on rotating mass..

I will pre-ordered it on Friday morning at the local store. :cool:
I wanted a Typhon 4x4 3s BLX. :love: It's perfect for me with the 3S.
Thank you for the video on the snow. :cool:
Yvan :)

Sweet! Nice to see Arrma sent out some early samples. Looks like it moves out pretty good on 3s. Bounces around a bit, but I guess that is a sign of less weight? What is the total weight difference compared to the Typhon 6s? Last - have you had any of the other plastic 4x4 Arrmas?
This car is 2.58kg while the 6s is 3.27kg. Factoring in power to mass, the blx 3s system is capable of 1.5hp while the blx 6s is 3.4hp (they're not silly XLX systems with 6hp :eek:). So the ratios are nearly dead line 2x more power for the 6s than the 3s. Acceleration is a factor too. On 4s, the stock Typhon 6s would have about the same acceleration as the 3s model on 3s. Again 6s blows any equations out of the water. You also have to take in to account the plastic gears lowering the efficiency of the system in general. There's so much give in a plastic drivetrain that it's annoying. But the drivetrain for this car is huge to say the least. Raising the efficiency by giving it large metal/composite mixed gears & driveshafts will tax the system to its limits, which usually ends in smoke.

I will order also Wheelie Bar. :cool:
Wheelie Bar Wheels: 4x4 (ARAC6488) :love:
1/8 TYPHON 3S BLX 4x4 Brushless Buggy RTR, Black (ARA102696) :love:
Yvan :)

IMG_20181210_130118_600.jpg

Testing

I use the 6s to save the stock in cold westher IF...no i like the stock more, and there are zero problems with clearence, so far.

No frlm ma Taliphon 6s just to test

I’m kinda up in the air, I have a Granite that I am going to convert to brushless and I also want a Typhon but don’t know if I should go 3S or 6S. I’m kinda thinking 3S since I already have two other 1/8 scale, Kraton and ET48.3. As far as the Typhon goes, which do you prefer? The 3S or 6s? You have bashed both to the extreme.

I’m kinda up in the air, I have a Granite that I am going to convert to brushless and I also want a Typhon but don’t know if I should go 3S or 6S. I’m kinda thinking 3S since I already have two other 1/8 scale, Kraton and ET48.3. As far as the Typhon goes, which do you prefer? The 3S or 6s? You have bashed both to the extreme.
Each have their own merits. I tend to keep my 3s cars around the house. They're great for a quick bash. I only can use my 1/8s around the house during low traffic times, otherwise is to the park, open yards, or bash spots. Trying to compare to 2 Typhons is like trying to compare a Granite to an Outcast, it's useless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back