TpParts RcXtremes Granite - Pics, Vids and talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tired of 3s...fabricated my own LiPo trays in glasfibre so i can run 6s!!..do i have to say it is scary

20150614_153712_zpsve1stqnb.jpg

Tired of 3s...fabricated my own LiPo trays in glasfibre so i can run 6s!!..do i have to say it is scary

20150614_153712_zpsve1stqnb.jpg

I've never seen those two rods on the body post before. Are those there to help keep body post from breaking?
And, did you make the splitter for the batteries yourself?

You did a awesome job, on the whole vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if you started getting asked, to fabricate the battery trays for others.

Have you thought of ways to keep the front end down, with all that power?

You did a awesome job, on the whole vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if you started getting asked, to fabricate the battery trays for others.

Have you thought of ways to keep the front end down, with all that power?

to fabricate for others is no problem..will do a good form, mine was just a quick test, made of old lipo boxes, and then applied the fibre and polyester and so on.

Il be lowering the wheeliebar..actually since i got twice batterys and sligjtly forward..it is nice to controll. Thank you for the warm words, this makea me go forwars in this hobby..still after 33 years i lovet more

nice mods on that Granite @Thomas P . I agree on the extra weight on the front end. you can probably fabricate something easily above the servo using your top braces you added in and the front shock tower to keep it in place.

@Thomas P, I see a 6cell/8cell NIMH battery in your granites front end, in the near future! Crazy power!
Thanks for, taking us all along for the ride. :)

Well this weekend il be converting rhis Granite with DESC210 suspension arms and shocks...badlands sc tires and ARRMA Fury rims...ohh and 4 planet gears insted of stock 2

6s...3400 4pole....liiiittle to tight slipper

20150621_205513_zps60mky2fe.jpg
Now I know if I ever want more then 3s imma have to get a blx transmission case.

I can tell by the metal input shaft that you have all metal gears... all ths bls and megas come with plastic.

Good work on the trays. What did you do with the space ftom the original battery space? Is it open room?

Your arrma granite looks like it could be the first rc I have seen to do a front flip.

Kinda jealous that you have an areas
Near you that would allow paddel wheels... all I have are empty parking lots

Now I know if I ever want more then 3s imma have to get a blx transmission case.

I can tell by the metal input shaft that you have all metal gears... all ths bls and megas come with plastic.

Good work on the trays. What did you do with the space ftom the original battery space? Is it open room?

Your arrma granite looks like it could be the first rc I have seen to do a front flip.

Kinda jealous that you have an areas
Near you that would allow paddel wheels... all I have are empty parking lots

Thx mate :).

Its a raider chassi so there is no room between sterring bulk and lipo tray.

Im just in the middle of the suspension conversion..left to do is 12mm hex

Before the conversion

20150629_142105_zpsrkbgnxyw.jpg

Ackerman

20150629_144310_zpss2ftwxm3.jpg

Mounted

20150629_144533_zpsmhy4ywwc.jpg

Rear end before

20150629_151336_zpsftozx7uc.jpg

New rear end mounted: DESC210 + Bigbore shocks

20150629_162742_zpshnob5tqz.jpg

New front end mounted: DESC210 + Bigbore shocks

20150629_162802_zpsen2g0wc8.jpg

Done, front carbonfibre shock tower mounted 2.5 AE CF

20150629_181325_zps2zuaykss.jpg

20150629_181257_zpsgqfhclav.jpg

The thin to do now is 12mm hex, glue some SC Proline Badlands on Fury gunmetal rims and paint a new lid

Last edited:
This problem with the CVD are solved, my friend that welds all days long, extended them 3mm...working awsome so far.

Twin Arrmangos

20150702_054239_zpstkeoalzj.jpg

20150701_184834_zpshj3yrf1v.jpg

What can i say..even if the ARRMA Granite is a real good truck it went out far better with the DESC210 sispension fron and rear + the bigbore shocks running 32.5 in the front and 45 rear..truckload of adjustment on the suspension. It handles very very good..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back