Kraton TpParts RcXtreme's Kraton 6s BLX V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Thomas, great video as always. Those paddle tires really hook up well in the snow. Besides bone stock, did you shim all the diffs in both your new Kraton & Talion?

I still have the stock pinions in my 2018 Kraton (12T) & V3 Talion (13T). I already have a Tekno 16T pinion, but need to get another one. For comparison, I'm going to try a Robinson Racing pinion, but can't decide if I will get a 15T (for my Kraton), or an 18T (for my Talion), depending if I put the Tekno 16T in my Talion or Kraton? How do you like the 15T in your new Kraton & did you replace the pinion in your new Talion also?

Last edited:
First off, thanks for the great videos and how to's they have helped tremendously! Much appreciated!

Also, did you change from stock diff fluid....not sure what your definition of stock is and which do you prefer over the other, Kraton or Talion?

First off, thanks for the great videos and how to's they have helped tremendously! Much appreciated!

Also, did you change from stock diff fluid....not sure what your definition of stock is and which do you prefer over the other, Kraton or Talion?
Stock the Talion is 10,000 front/100,000 center/10,000 rear. The Kraton is 10,000cst front/rear/center. I'm going to try 50,000 front/100,000 center/7,000 rear for my Kraton & the same with my Talion, except I'm wondering if a heavier center fluid of 200,000cst in my Talion would be even a better choice? Arrma uses a heavier center diff fluid in just the Talion, but not sure if this mainly due to it's smaller tires?

Thanks for the reply Thomas. What role does tire size play in selecting diff fluid weight? I know with the larger tires it reduces ballooning but what about the smaller ones? Also, do you use a lighter shock oil when you are soaring 50ft through the air when it's really cold to allow the piston to move more freely?

Ok, maybe not bone stock, i did shim all ma diffs wich i allways do before a run. The talion im using 16T pinion and its fast as few, the Kraton 15T.

Diffoils Kraton 7k rear 100k mid and 50k front stock shock oil

Talion 7k rear 150k mod and 50k front. I think im arround 8-900 rear and 900 front in shocks . Did the rear arm mod

Ok, maybe not bone stock, i did shim all ma diffs wich i allways do before a run. The talion im using 16T pinion and its fast as few, the Kraton 15T.

Talion 7k rear 150k mod and 50k front. I think im arround 8-900 rear and 900 front in shocks . Did the rear arm mod

Hey Thomas. If you just changed the pinions, shimmed diffs & changed oil, I'd say that's still stock, or close enough. Wow, 50ft jumps, pedal to the metal & full throttle on 6S with no upgrades is amazing, GO ARRMA GO. With many of us, this could mean real disaster...

As I mentioned earlier, I was also thinking of going a bit thicker fluid on my Talion's center diff. Did you mix 100k & 200k approx 50/50 to get 150,000k, and what differences did you notice from the stock 100k diff fluid? Do you have any plans to add front bumpers, skid plates, rear mud guards, aluminum chassis braces, aluminum suspension braces, thicker shock towers, or even an aluminum center diff case (due to the heat build up in center diff) to either your Talion or Kraton?

My Talion servo mount looks good, hardly any movement, so I'm thinking of just removing the rubber servo grommets (may need to add spacers) for a more secure servo mounting. My Kraton does have a bit more servo movement, so not sure if just removing the rubber servo grommets will fix this, or maybe needs a better aluminum servo mount? What you think on Arrma's new upgraded servo mounts on your Talion & Kraton?

For extra tires, I have Backflips for my Kraton & 3.8 Badlands for my Talion (still need to tape & mount on Speedline Plus wheels). Are you still running stock tires on both your Kraton/Talion, besides the paddle tires for the snow?

As always, thanks for letting us know what you do to your Arrma RC's. I, including many others, look forward to seeing your new Talion & Kraton videos, especially in that great bashing spot of yours...

Last edited:

Thomas, I agree, the shock oil on the new Kraton seems good (stock is 1k, or same as 80wt). I didn't even have to adjust the springs. The shocks were set up great right out of the box.

The Talion specs on their website shows 2k for shock oil, if I recall. This seemed way too high to me (what's 2k, same as 160wt?), so I thought this must be wrong. I contacted Arrma rep & they said the Talion is same as the Kraton 1k (80wt). It looks like you went just a bit thicker to 90wt in front? Not many shock oils over 80wt (TLR makes some 90wt though), so anything over 80wt seems high? However, I have adjusted both my front/rear shock springs quite a bit to get my Talion approx bone level for more offroad clearance (as suspension is set up quite low for the 70mph speed runs).

Hey Thomas. If you just changed the pinions, shimmed diffs & changed oil, I'd say that's still stock, or close enough. Wow, 50ft jumps, pedal to the metal & full throttle on 6S with no upgrades is amazing, GO ARRMA GO. With many of us, this could mean real disaster...

I agree, definitely still stock but I was curious because I wondered if something like the diffs were different in the V3's like the diffs are good from the factory and don't require shimming.

You know you’re good when you can confidently stand 50 ft up on a cliff and send your RC flying through the air to the bottom without worrying about it not landing on its wheels! I would love to do this but won’t because I would spend 80% of the time walking to the bottom to flip my truck over :D

Awesome video as always Thomas! You make it look so easy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back