Typhon TpPartsRcXtreme's - ARRMA Typhon 6s BLX v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Typhon 6s
Finaly i got my hands on the buggy, took a while but im there. Mainly will be used on track, but ofcourse il destroy that G-Pit to . Recived it Thursday, and i spending a few days with my family, this car are on hold (gahh...thats not easy when a new truck just screams at ya ). Il set this one up for track treatment.

IMG_20160728_171336_zps1ibxg5oq.jpg

I saw your post on FB about the setup you are using, it looks like the opposite end of the spectrum compared to my setup - while I don't like mine for any track use, I can't see myself going as far as your choice in diff/shock oils (looks like your using a lower cSt shock oil than stock?) - but I am very interested to know how you think it handles in that setup!!

Congrats on the Typhon!

Stock oil have to much pack, might be good on smooth claytrack with good grip. Im on smooth$bumpy with dry loose dirt and asyro section, i want my car feeling alive

16-08-02-19-55-52-157_deco_zpsncn3n1gt.jpg
Diffs done, shocks done..went with 42.5wt rear and 47.5wt front..still little to much pack..might drill the pistons to 8x1.3 insted of stock 6x1.3. - 2k rear 60 mid..mid is something i am not sure at all on the track..front 7k. Hobbyteck red hard front, Durango yellows rear

For the center diff, my limited past on any tracks and/or events I saw a lot of spools or equivalent - I believe the upside to that is not loosing/wasting power on spinning tires with no/low traction as well as mid-air roll control off any jumps - but the downside is the potential to wheelie. If it were me, I'd am not really sure what I would start with to be honest I think it would depend on the track, if it was very loose I'd stick with 100K-500K center, if its hard or high traction I'd try something around 20-50K in the center...

Let us know what you think of the setup as well if you make any changes in the future! Good luck!

16-08-02-19-55-52-157_deco_zpsncn3n1gt.jpg
Diffs done, shocks done..went with 42.5wt rear and 47.5wt front..still little to much pack..might drill the pistons to 8x1.3 insted of stock 6x1.3. - 2k rear 60 mid..mid is something i am not sure at all on the track..front 7k. Hobbyteck red hard front, Durango yellows rear

Looks great! What body is that?

The goal is to have a car that is easy to drive, with thicker mid diff and loose traction the car will spinout. And wheelie is no option on a racetrack, i do not remember what i had in my old car, but it was forgiving, little more fwd due to the less thickness of middiff oil, rather that then a car that break loose as soon you go on power.

Feeling lot better..hope my maiden run will be soon. Il update here asap mates

Jerry its a Hobbytech spirit body. Pitbull style

Thanks!
Looks like it handles very well. Do you have any problems with the steering or balance of the car since you lift it?
I like it very much, a monster truck typhoon.

That's good, which one do you like the most for jumping and bashing, the Typon in this state or the Kraton?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back