Tppower tp4050 2100kv for bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Guys I'm close to pulling the trigger on a tppower 4050 2100kv motor for my typhon or outcast..will be mainly light 4's sometimes 6's bashing due to low arrma stock parts. Have chosen this motor because it's 150a..will be using stock esc until I get a Max8 Any recommendations or better ideas guys.

Last edited:
I've got a TP4050/7D 1700kV and a TP4260/3Y 1720kV to try out with the Hobbywing Max 6. The plan is to run 6S for bashing and 8S for speed runs. These motors can pull a huge amount of current so I tend towards higher voltage setups and I watch my throttle control. You'll want to make sure your batteries are up to the task so check for voltage sag and pack temps when testing. Also make sure to use large high current connectors like XT-90 or XT-150's on the ESC and 6.5mm bullets on the motor. Hope this is of help.

I've got a TP4050/7D 1700kV and a TP4260/3Y 1720kV to try out with the Hobbywing Max 6. The plan is to run 6S for bashing and 8S for speed runs. These motors can pull a huge amount of current so I tend towards higher voltage setups and I watch my throttle control. You'll want to make sure your batteries are up to the task so check for voltage sag and pack temps when testing. Also make sure to use large high current connectors like XT-90 or XT-150's on the ESC and 6.5mm bullets on the motor. Hope this is of help.
Thanks for your input bro..I'm using overlander 5000ma 70c 4s and 6250ma 35c 4s and two 5000ma 35c 3s..I was thinking the 2100kv would be perfect for 4s and 6s

Last edited:
Thanks for your input bro..I'm using overlander 5000ma 70c 4s and 6250ma 35c 4s and two 5000ma 35c 3s..I was thinking the 2100kv would be perfect for 4s and 6s
Should be ok. Use a battery buzzer and set it to 3.4-3.5V and check pack temps. If your packs alarm early or the temps are excess of 50-60C than you need better batts with higher load or C-rating.

Should be ok. Use a battery buzzer and set it to 3.4-3.5V and check pack temps. If your packs alarm early or the temps are excess of 50-60C than you need better batts with higher load or C-rating.
I've ordered the max8 esc and tppower tp4050 1900kv 6d motor...guys at tp were very helpful there putting 6.5 bullet connection's on it and m4 mounting holes...do you think I should use a cap pack with this setup,if I get one for 6's setup will it be OK when I use 4's. Thanks for the feedback mate

I've ordered the max8 esc and tppower tp4050 1900kv 6d motor...guys at tp were very helpful there putting 6.5 bullet connection's on it and m4 mounting holes...do you think I should use a cap pack with this setup,if I get one for 6's setup will it be OK when I use 4's. Thanks for the feedback mate
You don't need a Cap pack unless you are going to run high gearing and/or do full throttle runs. They take the load off the capacitors already installed in the ESC near the power wires. But if you want to use one they are rated for maximum voltage so a cap pack rated for 6S (25.2V) will always be ok for the lower voltage 4S (16.8V). They're not hard to make yourself. If you want a 6S pack then get some low ESR caps rated for 35V and solder them together in parallel along a length of 12AWG wire. You then just connect this to the power wires on the ESC. Have a look on YouTube there are a few vids showing how to put them together.

You don't need a Cap pack unless you are going to run high gearing and/or do full throttle runs. They take the load off the capacitors already installed in the ESC near the power wires. But if you want to use one they are rated for maximum voltage so a cap pack rated for 6S (25.2V) will always be ok for the lower voltage 4S (16.8V). They're not hard to make yourself. If you want a 6S pack then get some low ESR caps rated for 35V and solder them together in parallel along a length of 12AWG wire. You then just connect this to the power wires on the ESC. Have a look on YouTube there are a few vids showing how to put them together.
Yh mate I've been watching YouTube vids about cap packs.. think I'm gonna make one to help my esc a bit..thanks for your input and help on this subject mate

Yh mate I've been watching YouTube vids about cap packs.. think I'm gonna make one to help my esc a bit..thanks for your input and help on this subject mate
You got a YouTube channel? Would like to see your build if you don't mind sharing. A few other things you may want to look into is a decent heat sink and fan combo for the motor like a yeah racing unit and perhaps a glitch buster for the receiver. I make my own from 4700uF 10V caps and some servo extension wires. Also maybe some heavier centre diff fluid to get the power down. Good luck with your build.

The combo was good..really fast but I feel like that motor eat lots of juice... or my lipos wasnt up to the task...I've gt some new turnigy graphene panther's on the way
I have a panther 6s pack, i like it and use it with a HS 1480kv but only used it 4 times. Still has its flat shape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back