Senton Track tested 4x4 Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Finally got a break today from all the rain down here in Houston and made it out to Ultimate RC in Alvin Texas. This was the very first time i was able to put the Arrma through a good testing on a demanding off-road track. First run was a blast and i was very pleased with the brushless set-up running a gensacearespammers 5000Mil 50C 2s Lipo. I was on the track with a 1/10 Teckno SCT Truck and my truck kept up very well with it.The Arrma handled the jump great and had plenty of speed down front straightway she can get a little squirrelly if i laid into to the throttle too much. On my second run well that’s when the steering servo decided to show its ugly side. The clamping screw that hold the triangular plastic block in fell out so i lost my steering after a pit repair i was able to get back on track. Although I didn’t have the correct screw for this fix it only lasted another 10 min. Again lost steering so overall the truck satisfied me and now i know it can be competitive in next weeks race. Got home and replaced screw with correct one and all is good! This truck can hang with the best of them believe me and i plan on proving it on the track next week.

Yep I was there yesterday ran both the new Arrma and my Gas 5T track had a small crowd hopefully they say 72 degrees next Saturday come on out and race should be a good day

Do y'all know anything about the track at Mike's Hobby Shop?

I ask because I am still 2 hours north of there and 2.5 hours north of Alvin.

Never been to either one.

Mike has an awesome asphalt track for formula 1 rc cars and a off-road track for buggy’s as well as a huge rc shop shop on site for parts or RTR cars its a first class facility

Not sure if you're aware but there isn't supposed to be a screw in the back of the saver. If you tighten that all the way down then the saver cannot function as designed.

On the bottom of the servo is a collar that has a screw hole in it and the screw fell out so i replaced it with a new one a bit longer and put a nut on it

Are you talking about on the back of the servo (saver) horn? If so there should never have been a screw there. I asked their support specifically about it.

Yes there is a screw hole there. Tightening that clamps the horn to the post thus negating the fact that that should be able to spring open

It on the bottom it’s a collar that goes around outside of triangular piece it had a recess for the head of the screw and it had another hole on other side it acts like a clamp

Ok we're talking about the same thing. It has a hole for a screw but it is not supposed to have one there. If you look at the exploded view there is no screw there. You can run it like that, just know that you're removing the saver function and running a solid horn that way.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 60
Ok we're talking about the same thing. It has a hole for a screw but it is not supposed to have one there. If you look at the exploded view there is no screw there. You can run it like that, just know that you're removing the saver function and running a solid horn that way.

I wouldn't run with the clamping screw w/o a strong digital servo, in the 15-20kg range or more. The servo needs to be stronger than the amount for force exerted on it so the gears doesn't strip.

I’m not concerned about saving this servo if it fails I’ll just put a savox one in it. It is a race truck so i expect things to break and fail although that being said another person on this forum had an issue with his front wheel and also the explosion view did not show that screw that was in his wheel joint so sometimes the views can be wrong

Good to know. Thanks! I can confirm the servo saver feature works great, had to take the servo out and re-center servo horn last evening after a small mishap where reverse failed and hit a curb. I wondered if a clamp screw had fallen out... but didn't appear like was ever a screw so just re-assmebled and has worked fine since.

Mike has an awesome asphalt track for formula 1 rc cars and a off-road track for buggy’s as well as a huge rc shop shop on site for parts or RTR cars its a first class facility

Just saw this thread and I'm new here, but what Mike are you talking about? I wasn't aware Mike Samano had a track? I'm also a local and live in Dickinson. We are currently Building a RC track in a retention pond by my brothers house.

I was also told that we could get a Track built at the RC club in Texas city if there was enough interest.

Mike's hobbies is up in Porter, north of town on 59.
Also, check out Ultimate sandpit/Motocross/Rc, off 517 towards Alvin. (Near bayou wildlife zoo, if you know where that is). They just rebuilt the track last week. They have a rave about once a month, next race is 3/17, I think. Track is open every day (weather permitting) for $10 a person all day.

I am in Alvin, normally at Ultimate several times a month, but not recently. Working too much for RC these days...

Mike's hobbies is up in Porter, north of town on 59.
Also, check out Ultimate sandpit/Motocross/Rc, off 517 towards Alvin. (Near bayou wildlife zoo, if you know where that is). They just rebuilt the track last week. They have a rave about once a month, next race is 3/17, I think. Track is open every day (weather permitting) for $10 a person all day.

I am in Alvin, normally at Ultimate several times a month, but not recently. Working too much for RC these days...

Yeah I know Ultimate very well. I raced motocross there many a time. For the money we would spend going there several times a month we could build our own track and race it for free. There are about 6 of us putting in a few bucks and some time to build our own and it will be prepped the way we like, everytime we race. I will have to go out there and see what they've done with the place. If the track is in good condition I don't mind paying.

When we get ours complete you'll have to come check it out and let us know what you think.

Glad to see there’s some guys fairly close to me on here. I live in lufkin. About 2 hours north of Houston.

Bumping -

There is a club race at Ultimate this weekend, and supposed to be a good crowd tonight for Thursday night Lights - track open till 9:00, mostly open practice, but will probably be some spontaneous racing too... I will not make the race, but plan on being at the track tonight.

Anyone else?
@TheJMatt
@Thunderbird1983
@Nosedive4130

This Kimbrough servo saver is the answer for the Mega's, I was constantly resetting my youngest son's SS when he would just bump anything while moving forward. I tried the heavy duty SS option in the kit you order from Arrma, but it was not any better, then I put this Kimbrough on and I haven't had any issue.
upload_2018-3-16_12-37-16.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back