Track Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

I'm on one today
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
Changed title.......... 😂😂😂

Thanks for stopping by.

Unfortunately not ARRMA tho so this may piss some people off. If so just let me know and I'll quietly go hide in a corner.

I bought a Losi Tenacity pro RTR for my 15yo son, a Hobao Hyper SC for my 16yo daughter (thanks Jerry) and I recently finished a Tekno 410.3 for myself, there's an informal circuit starting here and we're all in.

My issue, the Losi box stock handles WAY better than the other two, like night and day. Sticks to the track and is almost easy to drive. The other two are very squirly and loose, rear ends spin out, really difficult to drive. Yesterday I went back to the closest track (by myself because I have no life) with the two squirly trucks with plans to tame em down. On both trucks I cut the steering D/R to 60% and the steering EXP to -50. This definitely helped. Both trucks were noticeably easier to drive, but still not close to the untouched stock Losi so I'm grinding my gears wanting to figure this out. What did Losi do that I haven't on the other two? My next step would be to lower punch/throttle exp and try again.

I'd LOVE some input here from you track peeps.

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20220614_183500841.jpg

Last edited:
Tekno has stock setup, 7k/7k/5k. The other two I have no clue I've never had them open. I was definitely thinking diff fluid, but once I got the Tekno on the track I changed my tune. I have plenty of different fluids here to try if that's what is needed.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m giving I put but have no real experience haha. I’ve been researching a lot to try and tune my sons slash.

What type of track?
sway bar settings can also impact. I’ve seen if on a bumpy off road track to try medium sway bar settings up front and as soft as possible or no sway bar in the rear. This allows the front to stay planted and the rear to roll more into the outside tire and take some bite out of the inside tire. This should reduce your oversteer affect.

The one track I mostly hit is loamy/sandy and not super well kept but not trashed either. However I noticed it immediately on a flat prepped dirt area near my house as well when I first got it built.

And once again the Losi sticks to the ground there too, drives like it's on rails. Crazy. I did some digging last night to try and find the Losi's stock diff fluid and apparently it's 5k/5k/3k, not hugely different from what I have in the Tekno.

I'll be looking into the sway bars as well now.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand and assumed as much. Thank you.

We're far from anything sanctioned, just friends and family getting out there and having fun, talking smack etc.

One buddy is in the process of building another track on his property, bout 80% done.

That's cheatin! :LOL: If you plan on any pro sanctioned race or even semi-pro you'll have to run with it off if they even offer that class.
+1
Disable the AVC and get back. Then tell us what's happening. Aside from Diff oils, Tires also make a huge difference. In the end no two different rigs ever handle alike.
True even at Club level sanctioned tracks. No Gyro assist is allowed. Not sure if your track is "bring what you got" with Open Class events. Or you are just doing practice running laps.
That aside, No matter if AVC/gyro or not , in many cases there are other factors that make one rig better than the rest. Losi makes nice track rigs in general.
And AVC is not all that as gyros go. And has limited adjustment control (Gain and Priority settings) if using the stocker AVC radio IMHO.
I run AVC with my DX5C as well as a stocker DX2E ( Infr). DX5C has discrete AVC Gain settings for both Throttle and Steering and Priority settings as well. Stocker radios only have Steering Gain adjustability. I don't like Throttle Limiting at all and turn it down all the way with my DX5C.
I only like ST gyros for Some of my rigs. And prefer Standalone Gyro's if I do. Think SkyRC GC-401.

Last edited:
Yeah this is definitely just running laps, run what ya brung situation. Anything I can do to get my kids and peeps off their phones and outside is a win in my eyes.

I feel like a real imbecile the AVC was staring me right in the face. I'm gonna get one for my daughter's Hyper but I'm gonna keep the Tekno without it and keep practicing.

Thanks for the reply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back