Typhon Track Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build. You drive well also.(y)

I've scrolled through this a couple of times now, what was the starting weight of the stock machine?
The starting weight was basically a stock V5. The calculation took the lipo i was using at the time (CHNL) as well, so if we’ll remove the lipo from the equation, we’re looking at 256g of weight reduction compared to stock
Nice build. You drive well also.(y)
Thanks 🙏

The videos are either with an experimental setup or plain bold tires.. i need to make a video of a dialed run.

Dry weight - w/o tires or body - compared to a friends TTLR with the same system:

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-18 at 10.09.52 AM.jpeg
1634542640597.png

Holy cow, that's a good saving! Food for thought, I know yours is minus wheels and body, but the 3s weighs in at 2.56kg stock iirc 👍

Holy cow, that's a good saving! Food for thought, I know yours is minus wheels and body, but the 3s weighs in at 2.56kg stock iirc 👍
The 3s 4x4 could never compete against this on the track.
Dry weight - w/o tires or body - compared to a friends TTLR with the same system:

View attachment 174770View attachment 174772
Now that is a lean and mean Track machine there. Done really nice. The way a TLRT should be done.:love:
You got me well beat in the weight department.;)
The stocker F-R braces were bowing my chassis out the box. I was compelled to get EXB alloys unfortunately.:( The HR braces in retrospect, might have been lighter perhaps?? IDK. My HW ESC is heavier . My SS F/R skid plates also add more weight.
My Cross weight is a perfect 50/50 however(y) Full Running weight comes in at 4284 grams (4s lipo) (9.4 Pounds) F-R Weight bias is 46/54.

1645373921359.png

1645374282200.png
1645373921359.png

1645375264297.png

Last edited:
hello my friend!!

i really enjoy you project and iam in the same way with mine recent purchased tlr tuned!

i will create a thread and share my ideias for weight saving too and i also will do some of your changes too!!

continue the good work!!

I've got a lot more details to cover which is didnt manage yet, so in the meantime some video of my practice yesterday. (pardon my son's filming skills)
Track was very dusty so not alot of grip.

Looking back at this video made me cringe :) i improved so much since then.

I bought set of Team Durango driveshafts for the DEX8 (which is if you don't know basically a Typhon), They are similar in size to the stock fronts but they are tapered and weigh less. I use them on the front and rear (as it comes on the DEX8)
View attachment 125600
My original link for the CVD's is no longer in stock, but they can still be found in europe:
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/team-durango-driveshaft-set-94mm-front-or-rear--397526

@Yonic I agree with @BashingBrian Awesome track! Typhon handles better than I thought on a track, considering how many people say it's not really a racer. Cool vid, thanks for sharing. (y)

@Yonic well jealous of the track, that looks awesome 👌 very tricky to navigate too so I'd be rubbish 😂
Nice tidy lap 😎

Thanks for the reponses.

Today was one of the mains, i qualified first on the C main (out of 4 mains), i had terrible luck by weirdy crashing after just 2 laps leading the race, marshals couldnt flip me after all the cars passed by, placing me last… never mind, tomorrow i’ll try to salvage what i can from the last 2 mains.

I was lucky a friend recorded that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back