Senton Traction Roll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory6s

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys, just purchased a second hand senton, v2 electronics, bone stock except tires, can't remember the brand but pretty nubby.
Is there any known preventatives for traction roll? It doesn't happen as much on lose surface as grass per se. Any mod suggestions?

Lower ride height via less pre load on springs or tighten your droop screws, or getting harder tires with less grip, or run a wider offset wheel.

with the exception of the tires and wheels, all of those adjustments cost you nothing. The next cheapest thing to do is to buy stiffer springs all around.

I run the Duratax Lockups in the buggy style wheel and I got a ton of traction roll. I didn't get rid of it with those wheels until I installed some hex extenders.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...U4XKLwoM6lDrPeyA6AEHYHa_HnulBQfRoCKq4QAvD_BwE
I did have to drill the hole a little bigger in the axle on the Senton to accommodate the bigger hex pin with the AE extenders.
With the hex extenders I do have some more A arm breakages than without, but I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to remedy that.

i ended up buying the kraton arms and driveshafts, there wasn't much stopping this car from rolling over

so my stock senton 6s never traction rolled. i switched ti duratrax bandito tires and also installed stiffer springs on all 4 corners and now my car traction rolls....can anyone tell me why? are my tires just too grippy ?

so my stock senton 6s never traction rolled. i switched ti duratrax bandito tires and also installed stiffer springs on all 4 corners and now my car traction rolls....can anyone tell me why? are my tires just too grippy ?

Yup, I have the same issue with my Typhon, it has knockoff Badlands and in my yard I am constantly traction rolling and tearing up my yard :mad: , in loose dirt she just drifts though :D

It's just a downfall to vehicles with a narrow track width :meh:

Lowering your ride height is the number one thing to combat traction roll. Larger wheels/tires raises ride height. You can try to back off on your shock collars all the way and see if it helps.

Lowering your ride height is the number one thing to combat traction roll. Larger wheels/tires raises ride height. You can try to back off on your shock collars all the way and see if it helps.
the wheels i got are exact same dimensions as stock. except they are roat tires instead of off road tires. ill lower ride height and give that a try

I see a huge difference between my two sets of ProLine RoadRage tires. I have both the 2.8 and 3.8 sizes. The 2.8s are like driving on sandy ice. Drifts for days. The 3.8s are like studded snow tires on carpet. They grip and flip. Same compound. Same tread. Size is the only difference, aka ride height.

Noob here. What’s traction roll? ? (hides)

Traction roll: when you roll the car over in a (sharp) turn..
It tends to happen due to two things.. To much speed into the corner with grippy tires.. The chassis will roll.. At one point suspension gets compressed all the way.. When the turning forces push it even further the car will roll over..

Traction roll: when you roll the car over in a (sharp) turn..
It tends to happen due to two things.. To much speed into the corner with grippy tires.. The chassis will roll.. At one point suspension gets compressed all the way.. When the turning forces push it even further the car will roll over..
Looks like the rc world has different terminology than the car world.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back