Trade my O6S EXB and EXB Mojave for sling king or build a K6S XL EXB out of them!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
Like the tittle says. Someone's has a brand new Sling king that they are willing to trade for my Outcast 6s EXB and Mojave EXB. Or I can build a K6S XL EXB out of my rigs! Thoughts? The Sling King looks amazing, but it's kind of small for the $600 price tag or the trades. I was thinking that building a K6S XL makes more sense. I just need the body posts and the K6S body. Thoughts? My already have a K8S EXB, an O8S with lots of upgrades, an Xmaxx, an XRT and a couple of smaller rigs. What would you do???

The sling king. It looks durable and fun. I try to avoid the mud, but this thing is made for it 🤣: I've never had anything like it :

I'd build the kraton XL and not look back. I'm biased though as that sling king truck looks dumb to me and my talion xl is one of my favorite rigs and the kraton xl is the samething basically minus towers and shocks.

That does not sound like an even trade considering the Outcast EXB alone cost more than the King Sling, even used both the Outcast EXB and Mojave EXB could be sold for more than $600.

I'd build the kraton XL and not look back. I'm biased though as that sling king truck looks dumb to me and my talion xl is one of my favorite rigs and the kraton xl is the samething basically minus towers and shocks.
What do you like better about the XL? Just more controllable with big power?

What do you like better about the XL? Just more controllable with big power?
IIRC I have +20 mm hub extensions on mine too so it's a lot wider. It is definitely controllable with big power too. I love how easy it is to get the power to the ground. It's kind of like the Fireteam in the way that it doesn't want to wheelie, and you can stay planted, but it flies way better than the fireteam.

image002.jpg

Definitely not a basher. It just can't take that kind of abuse. I'll probably just do the XL build instead :

This is what this thing is for. That looked like a lot of fun. I would never do that with any of my RC vehicles :

This is what this thing is for. That looked like a lot of fun. I would never do that with any of my RC vehicles :

Man I'm ngl, after seeing that video I have to agree with slick. There is no way that thing is worth 2 arrma 6s rigs. No way.

Man I'm ngl, after seeing that video I have to agree with slick. There is no way that thing is worth 2 arrma 6s rigs. No way.
TBH, I don't think you get your money's worth even new. Almost $700 for a 4s truck that all it can do is pretty much run in mud well and that's about it. 🤔

A monster truck with its' big tires in therory is pretty cool to add to the collection. But this one looks just silly IMO. The idea of a MT would be a high ground clearance, but this has actually has little ground clearance. Add a not so good durability and with the prcie tag it's a no brainer. No GO if you ask me.
Build a proper rig and like you are thinking about or get a Fireteam and still have spare change for upgrades. Way better and you have a 6s car.;).

IIRC I have +20 mm hub extensions on mine too so it's a lot wider. It is definitely controllable with big power too. I love how easy it is to get the power to the ground. It's kind of like the Fireteam in the way that it doesn't want to wheelie, and you can stay planted, but it flies way better than the fireteam.

View attachment 261378

That thing is a monster 🤣

View attachment 261378

Where do I get those extra long body posts? Hehe. I'm thinking of using a K6S body. Thanks

I’m getting ready to put a Kraton body on my Fireteam. Body should be here Monday and I think I have a few different length stand offs to try, I will let you know which ones I end up with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MC45Q7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204149585862?

You need both of those. The second link is how you connect the standoffs to the body post mounts. I think hot racing also makes some black standoffs as well.
I went with the basher queen set up. Kind of expensive, but it looks cool. I think I went with the cool factor. That would take care of the rear. I just need to figure out their front posts now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1552942506...2mtILn0RTS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That actually looks really nice. I'm assuming thats new because I don't believe that was around when I built mine. I definitely would have gone that route too :ROFLMAO:
And it's ready to go. No need to figure anything out. Yeah. It's a new product from the basher queen. I like the looks of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back