SOLD / FOUND Trade: Traxxas trx4 for Kraton 6s or Talion 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
SOLD

I got my boys a TRX4 sport for christmas 2020. They used it about 5 or 6 times and they're just not interested in it anymore. They like my Talion because it doesn't flip when they drive it (turned way down). I'm looking to trade the crawler trx4 for something else. I got a good deal on one Kration 6s, so now I have to match that pretty closely so they have similar trucks.

The TRX4 is currently set up as a Long Wheelbase, but I have all stock parts still. I have both the stock pickup body, and got a used Defender body with lights. I could separate the bodies if you want to buy just one of those. I also bought a stainless screw kit, though I haven't put any of them in yet since they don't ask to drive it anymore.

Let me know...

Mike

Last edited:
My phone's came was arguing with my yesterday. I took this pic. I'll try again today and see if my camera got enough sleep to work today. LOL

Also, here's more details....
  • TRX4 Sport with long wheelbase arms installed
  • Orange Defender Body with light kit installed. Has some scatches, but is in good shape.
  • Tan truck body in great condition. Does have a scratch or two, but only run twice with this body.
  • 2s 1800mAh (x2)
  • 2s 5000mAh
  • Stainless Screw Kit
  • Stock Transmitter
  • All stock electronics
  • I forget what size, but the smallest pinion I could fit... maybe 11T. Also has the stock pinion.
  • This was driven by my boys and me, but always adult supervised and was only ever used as a crawler as slow as I could make it go and on 2s.
If you're interested in purchase outright...A new defender with lights is $600 plus tax, batteries, extras, etc. I'm thinking $350 plus shipping would be a bargain for someone, but let me know if I'm off on that.

_DSC6397.JPG

Last edited:
Do you want to trade for a senton mega 550 with upgraded Traxxas velinion VXL 3s 2-pole motor and ESC 1 3s lipo and 1 2s lipo steel spur gear. sell/trade as is due to the nature of the hobby. trade for crawler or trugy

locking difs?
Yes, they're locked diffs.

What about locking diffs?

The Sport typically has diffs that are permanently locked and a single speed transmission, the Defender has diffs that can be switched from locked to open on the fly as well as a 2 speed transmission. This is one of the main reasons the Sport is way cheaper than the other TRX4s ($370 new vs $500 new)

Are there some upgrades you forgot to list, or is this a used TRX4 Sport with a spare body?

I'm sorry if I was not clear. This is a TRX4 Sport with a defender body and light kit added. We didn't want the locking diffs or 2 speed transmission that the defender comes with, so we put one together the way we wanted it. If I'm asking too much please tell me. I thought this was a good deal, but I'll drop the price if it's not.

WARNING, MY OPINION ONLY: If you haven't had a trx4 before, I don't understand why they put on the 2 speed transmission. This is a rock crawler. The width is too narrow to be going fast or it rolls over. Anything more than a fast walking pace is too fast. It is geared down as low as it goes, and is therefore okay on 3s, but 2s is PLENTY of power. If you want to run 3s, good throttle control is mandatory. A high gear would just make this even worse. Unlocking diffs I also don't understand. In 1:1 rock crawling this is necessary to be able to turn tighter in certain situations. In my opinion it just doesn't translate to a scale vehicle. The store let me play around with a demo trx4 with remote lockers and there wasn't any better turning radius with the diffs unlocked. I never owned an RC with remote lockers so maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but those two features set off my gimmick alarm, and added weight and complexity. I tend to be a min-maxer though and this is just my opinion, and why I built one instead of buying a defender. If I missed the boat on that and someone disagrees please feel free to post that here. I'm always game to learn. :)

The Sport is the Trx-4 budget rig. Has no control of Locking/unlocking of the Transfer case and F/R diffs, and has No 2 speed capability. Partly why the Defender costs so much more over a Sport.
I have a Sport and 2 Axials as well. I'm all invested in the Crawler thing myself. .Just added the 2 speed tranny setup to my Sport. The Stock Electrics had to go. Never lasted for me.
Otherwise yours is all stock. No upgrades. The expensive Defender body if anything might add some value there. But many don't run the Defender body on their Crawlers. It is way too top heavy as Crawlers go. It flips over too easily. Its why the Sport P/U model/body is more popular over the Defender.
I think $400. is a bit much on a trade for a Stock RTR K6. The TRX4 Sport is a nice rig overall. Just not at $400. value used. The Sport is the cheapest Trx Crawler. Has no bells and whistles as Trx Crawlers go.
I am sure there is a fair trade somewhere for you however. It is in good condition. Low capacity 2 cell Lipo's as extra's, etc. may make the deal for someone. IDK. But they are cheap items. A New TRX-4 Sport only costs $370.
Good luck.
Just my spin.

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/trx-4-sport/

Last edited:
Agreed with the body being heavy for actual crawling. I loved the look of it so I "had to have one". it's easy to swap the truck body in when it's time really crawl. :)

Maybe I should separate out the body. That friggin body is 1/2 the value. The body is $185, plus the lighting kit is another $100. Then another $30 of parts to lengthen the wheelbase and mount it. Total is $315 to add this body with lights to a TRX4 sport. LOL

So how about:

$250 for the TRX4 sport all original, including the 3 batteries and stainless screw kit.

$100 for the Defender body with lights, long wheelbase kit and mount kit.

Does that make more sense?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SrC
Agreed with the body being heavy for actual crawling. I loved the look of it so I "had to have one". it's easy to swap the truck body in when it's time really crawl. :)

Maybe I should separate out the body. That friggin body is 1/2 the value. The body is $185, plus the lighting kit is another $100. Then another $30 of parts to lengthen the wheelbase and mount it. Total is $315 to add this body with lights to a TRX4 sport. LOL

So how about:

$250 for the TRX4 sport all original, including the 3 batteries and stainless screw kit.

How much is shipping to Southern California

So how about:

Now you are talking a deal there.(y)

I'm shocked how much shipping prices have gone up. I can't seem to get the price under $52. Box is 24x12x15 and 10 lbs. Can only go ground because of batteries. Coming from 80020. Let me know if you can find something cheaper than USPS, but that's what I've found. Ups was $62.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back