Transmission problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After putting in a different esc and motor, the granite was stuttering at throttle, and grinding badly, when on the ground. When I held it in the air and hit throttle, it seemed fine.

Found the problem!

View attachment 169

That little so n so right there!
That's a bearing out of the idler gear. Luckily the only other damage I found was the washers inside the diff. I'm rebuilding the diff with new bearings and guts, along with 50,000wt. diff oil.
Ohh my! I hope this isn't my problem but it sounds as if my truck is doing the same as yours. Spins fine in hand and on a slow roll take off but can't gun it hard! It grind really bad!

So was it hard to take apart and repair...... Would it be to much work for a beginner in the r/c world to do!

I had a slippage problem also....just tore it down and found a stripped diff gear! Time for a rebuild....any suggestions on oil wt. Thnx in advace!

Attachments

• 20151025_131531.jpg
    20151025_131531.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20151025_131908.jpg
    20151025_131908.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 61
what are you guys rebuilding the diff with? mine doesn't seem quite right but i would like to have the parts before i haul it apart

what are you guys rebuilding the diff with? mine doesn't seem quite right but i would like to have the parts before i haul it apart
I'm not really sure.... I was goin back with stock part mine are already metal.. The only other thing would be if someone said some other parts to use..... This is my first truck and my first time doin somthing like this

Hi

It looks like you might need to do some shimming to keep that from happening again and as for diff oil 10k should work.

Last edited:
Hi

You can try shimming in these two spots. I am also planning on putting four of the smaller planet gears in mine as soon as I can find the proper size cross pins.
20151025_131531_zpsrkbpbjcl.jpg

Hi

I pulled mine off to see what all could be done to improve the mesh, and looking at you pics again I have to ask, can you push the out drive in or out at all see picture below . There should be almost no in and out movement. The big arrow points to the outdrive and the skinny arrow shows the movement. Do this for both outdrive.

20151025_131531_zpsv3uurzuu.jpg

@ajdragon i haven't gone that far yet..... But it seems there is only one part kit so I guess I have to but that one. I also belive I have the 2013 model BLX...... And to go back to the play in the gear and drive cup there is a lot more play than I thought.....I will work on talking it apart and getting a pic! ...... Thx for all the help by the way...those break down was something good to read

Hi

You can try shimming in these two spots. I am also planning on putting four of the smaller planet gears in mine as soon as I can find the proper size cross pins.
20151025_131531_zpsrkbpbjcl.jpg

@ajdragon, do know what size shims are needed behind those two gears? My diff rebuild kit didn't come with new ones, had to reuse old worn out shims. (not good)
Thanks in advance.

Hi

By any chance could you take a picture of your diff gear taken all apart. I just found out that there are two different versions of the diff gear and I need to see what one you have. Arrma made some changes and after I know which one you have I can help out a little better. Here is a link to what I am talking about.

http://forum.goforit-rc.com/showthread.php?761-Arrma-Differential-OLD-vs-NEW-The-Improvements
Ok I got it all apart....tell me what u think....I'm not sure about these o rings and this one blue ring on the right side of the pic has thrown me off also!

Attachments

• 20151028_201309.jpg
    20151028_201309.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20151028_201408.jpg
    20151028_201408.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi

Did you replace the diff gear, I ask because that dose not look stock. Also the blue ring is called a X-ring seal.

Hi

It looks like they used parts for two different differential gears. You may be better off building a new diff gear.

Here are the part number for building a updated one.

AR310416
AR310378
AR310399
AR310020

So I'm looking at a whole new diff..... unless I find out what this one and or if it's better than the Arrma diff....hmm! Guess a visit to the local hobby shop might be in order......I don't like those guys..lol

Hi

It looks like they used parts for two different differential gears. You may be better off building a new diff gear.

Here are the part number for building a updated one.

AR310416
AR310378
AR310399
AR310020
I bought all the parts but the pins won't fit in the out drive cups.....is this a problem they have or do you think I have the wrong out drive cup!

I got my diff all back together. I ran 2 2s 5000mah 25c packs through it and she run awesome! Thnx for all the help fellas! I will get some pics or videos up soon!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back