Kraton Transmitter and receiver upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teza GT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all
I have a Kraton V4 6s and considering upgrading the transmitter to a spektrum DX5C and SRS6000 AVC receiver as the surfaces i intend to run on will be low grip and I need a little assistance as I am new to the hobby. Will this upgrade be compatible with the stock Servo which I believe may be Analogue or will I need to upgrade. Can anyone recommend a decent servo if an upgrade servo is required.
Thanks
Teza GT

It will work, but a digital is "recommended". From Spektrum site:

Hi Mike-NLD and TooTall. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I will take your advice and purchase a digital servo to be sure.

Teza GT

You’re gonna want a better servo regardless. The stock servo isn’t as bad as the radio, but it’s not going to last long either.

Thanks jondilly 1974, what torque/manufacture tc. would you recommend?

Thanks jondilly 1974, what torque/manufacture tc. would you recommend?
I have the savox 1210SG, but I wish I found the JX servo's first as you can get one of those that is waterproof and performs even better for half the cost.

This one on even 6V performs better for $40:
https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/serv...-servo-high-speed-mega-torque-waterproof.html

Out of stock, but looks like they are in stock on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/JX-Servo-CLS-5830HV-High-Speed-Mega-Torque/dp/B074TXKVFR

This is by far the fastest and strongest servo I can imagine and like Kevin says, it’s dirt cheap.

JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180° CNC Aluminium Shell Metal Gear Digital Coreless Servo

$28 on Banggood

This is by far the fastest and strongest servo I can imagine and like Kevin says, it’s dirt cheap.

JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180° CNC Aluminium Shell Metal Gear Digital Coreless Servo

$28 on Banggood

View attachment 47123
$30 for 240oz/.09sec @6v is not bad. But you really need to run it at 7.4V to make it useful for things like the outcast/Kraton. Amazon offers it for $54, 2-3 weeks to ship according to their site. I guess if your going to wait, may as well pay less with bangood.

I don't see anything about it being waterproof.

$30 for 240oz/.09sec @6v is not bad. But you really need to run it at 7.4V to make it useful for things like the outcast/Kraton. Amazon offers it for $54, 2-3 weeks to ship according to their site. I guess if your going to wait, may as well pay less with bangood.

I don't see anything about it being waterproof.
I run a dans servo coreless 25kg was 50$ cad(37ish usd) but they sended it for review to me on amazon 0.07s/60 degres at 6v fast and really quiet. Had it for one month an a half still going strong
https://www.amazon.com/DS3225-Corel...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== if something happens to it amazon will back you up with a remplacement
I was only able to find the 270 degre one on amazon.com i bought mine on amazon.ca and it was a 180 degres rotation and with brown red and yellow wire instead

Last edited:
Have a look at the URUAV deluxe line range of servos. Brushless, diigital, IP67 waterproof, HV and available in a range of different speed/torque specs. Some are on special offer atm too..

I went for the BLS2508, love it.. big improvement even on only 6v..

https://m.banggood.com/search/uruav servo.html

Last edited:
I think I will be upgrading my Servo on v3 #KRATON to the Savox SC-1256TG Standard Size Coreless Digital High Torque Titanium Gear Servo. The Savox SC-1256TG combines leading-edge technology with super high 12 bit (4096) resolution and Titanium Gears. The SC-1256TG is ideal for steering applications in 1/8 scale buggies, monster trucks, and rock crawlers.

From personal experience the Power HD DW25LV is a very good choice. 25kg, 6V and drops right in. It held up for over 2 years in the Kraton.
Now is't in the Typhon and still going strong.

For the Kraton i went nuts and got a Savox SA-1283SG. I don't need waterproof and that servo is a real monster. It fried my ESC so i had to install a BEC.

Torque @ 6v - 30.0kg/416.67oz-in

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond, spoilt for choice but will decide on availability to the UK.
Cheers

I have one of those, but the JX is twice as fast and just as strong.
Question for you. When you order the JX from banggood, how long does it take to get to you?
I have one of those, but the JX is twice as fast and just as strong.

Also I would not say twice as fast which its not. .09 to .13 at 6v. I don't think anyone anywhere is going to notice that my brother. Also you said just as strong which its not, your is 291oz and the amazon one I posted is 347oz. But if the one you liek makes you happy, go for it. Its a hobby, supposed to be fun.

Question for you. When you order the JX from banggood, how long does it take to get to you?

Here in the UK, usually around 12-14 days.

Also I would not say twice as fast which its not. .09 to .13 at 6v. I don't think anyone anywhere is going to notice that my brother. Also you said just as strong which its not, your is 291oz and the amazon one I posted is 347oz. But if the one you liek makes you happy, go for it. Its a hobby, supposed to be fun.

A lot of these cheaper Chinese servo specs are often a bit exaggerated so I wouldnt pay too much attention to them... but if he has both he probably knows what he is talking about?

A lot of these cheaper Chinese servo specs are often a bit exaggerated so I wouldnt pay too much attention to them... but if he has both he probably knows what he is talking about?

lol, these are tried and true through the community, not some China crap. Go research, they actually pull more oz then stated. LOL. Oh well, you don't have to believe me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back