Kraton Transmitter and Servo Upgrade Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
I recently got a new Kraton 6s v4 and cannot be more pleased with that beast.

After a few runs with my new Kraton 6s, I want to replace the transmitter, but I can't decide if getting a Spektrum DX5C with SR6100AT (for the AVC) or get a cheaper radio like the Flysky FS-GT5 and save some money for upgrades. Or if even go and spend a few extra bucks on something better than the DX5C maybe the DX5 rugged or any other suggestion.

Regarding the Servo, I already choose a few options but would love to hear some feedback on them to help me make a desition. I've seen a lot of people getting and talking about the "Chinese" one because they are super fast and metal gear like this 2 below:

ANNIMOS 25KG
https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Digi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VFKEXZ3Y2FGAM0A3V5KS

JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV
https://usa.banggood.com/JX-Ecoboos...Jv1MEnl3lKJN17xoCBWMQAvD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

Or should I go get something like this Savox Sw-1210?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EENOCD...1f7aed809fe7767ded1821e4051d4b&language=en_US

Best,

I'm in the market for a radio to run all my rigs but don't like Spektrum. Was looking into Futaba 3PV but menu kinds sucks, so was thinking about 4 PM, a better radio but cost more. Also Futuba recievers can be costly for multiple rigs. My latest go to may be the Flysky Noble, read good things about this radio and recievers are fairly cheap and great range which is a major factor for me, may go this way.

I think the Noble and the 4 series Futabas are the best of the best.

Will the noble be better than the DX5C? apart from features, the quality of it is good? I don't know the brand thats why I'm skeptical about getting it.
Check out the Classifieds section @arrmadave has some good servos for sale

$22 shipped alot of people on here have been buying them up.
Is it the same on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Digital-Waterproof-Crawler-Control/dp/B07GK1G5FV/ref=zg_bs_2234131011_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VFKEXZ3Y2FGAM0A3V5KS

Thanks!

Will the noble be better than the DX5C? apart from features, the quality of it is good? I don't know the brand thats why I'm skeptical about getting it.
I don’t own either of these but if I were to buy one I would go Noble or 4 series Futaba. I own the Futaba 3PV, Radiolink RC6GS, Tactic TTX300, and Spektrum STX2. None are stellar. Some are complete poop. 3PV is the best of that lot, but the menus are old and not upgradable. It’s a dated but well working unit. The Noble is pretty much as modern as I have seen as well as a good performer.

The SR6100AT won’t fit in the receiver box, fyi. At least not how you’re supposed to mount that specific receiver, due to AVC.

I have couple of Tactic's and a DX5c, I got the DX5c at a really ? good price so for me it was a no brainer..!!

The DX5 does everything and more for what I need, it also has a very good choice of RX's to choose from 2ch, 3ch, 4ch, 5ch, AVC... etc etc
As for servo's I use JX CLS5830HV, again I got good price so picked up enough for all my trucks..?? they seem great so far..??

I have couple of Tactic's and a DX5c, I got the DX5c at a really ? good price so for me it was a no brainer..!!

The DX5 does everything and more for what I need, it also has a very good choice of RX's to choose from 2ch, 3ch, 4ch, 5ch, AVC... etc etc
As for servo's I use JX CLS5830HV, again I got good price so picked up enough for all my trucks..?? they seem great so far..??

Yeah I like the DX5C. I also like that for my bashers it’s only going to be about $30 to drop a 2ch receiver in them. I bought mine with that SR6100AT receiver. Not really needing it. But maybe down the road I’ll get into some scale crawlers with doo dads that need some more channels.

Someone mentioned that for that price I should get a Futaba 4pm instead of the Dx5 Rugged. I've been watching a lot of reviews and seem to be a solid package, what you guys think?
The SR6100AT won’t fit in the receiver box, fyi. At least not how you’re supposed to mount that specific receiver, due to AVC.
Ohh... I did not know that!

After a few runs with my new Kraton 6s, I want to replace the transmitter, but I can't decide if getting a Spektrum DX5C with SR6100AT (for the AVC) or get a cheaper radio like the Flysky FS-GT5 and save some money for upgrades. Or if even go and spend a few extra bucks on something better than the DX5C maybe the DX5 rugged or any other suggestion.

Regarding the Servo, I already choose a few options but would love to hear some feedback on them to help me make a desition. I've seen a lot of people getting and talking about the "Chinese" one because they are super fast and metal gear like this 2 below:

ANNIMOS 25KG
https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Digi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VFKEXZ3Y2FGAM0A3V5KS

JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV
https://usa.banggood.com/JX-Ecoboos...Jv1MEnl3lKJN17xoCBWMQAvD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EENOCD...1f7aed809fe7767ded1821e4051d4b&language=en_US

Best,
I have that 'Aninamos" in my Kraton, it works great and has enough speed and torque that it is worth the upgrade, the servo saver will mostly cancel out all that extra torque you might get from 30kg, 35kg and so on. the savox is too expensive and it guarantees the same amount of reliability as the savox and more torque. but to get the full power of it you would need an aluminum servo mount...

ANNIMOS 25KG

JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV

Best,
For a budget radio, a goulrc one is pretty good, also with an lcd screen, but kind of dated, the flysky remotes for thirty five bucks, but i use a flysky fsgt5, it is a nice, high quality for 60 bucks, and lots of adjustments and support... not sure about ones more expensive than that except for the noble nb4, which is Super high quality, kind of overkill for most rigs

Someone mentioned that for that price I should get a Futaba 4pm instead of the Dx5 Rugged. I've been watching a lot of reviews and seem to be a solid package, what you guys think?

Ohh... I did not know that!

I have the rugged (and I love it, just for the waterproof feature alone I would buy it again. Nice to be able to set it down in the wet grass. ), but from the specs they seem to be equal. Flip a coin, I guess. Glad you saw that the SR6100AT won't fit. I had also posted that.

Cheers

I have that 'Aninamos" in my Kraton, it works great and has enough speed and torque that it is worth the upgrade, the servo saver will mostly cancel out all that extra torque you might get from 30kg, 35kg and so on. the savox is too expensive and it guarantees the same amount of reliability as the savox and more torque. but to get the full power of it you would need an aluminum servo mount...
Got this in the mail today.

So, servo mount ✔️

I'm supposed to receive the servo today, I bought this one, I decided to get it from amazon because of 1-day delivery.

IMG_20200107_092348.jpg

For a budget radio, a goulrc one is pretty good, also with an lcd screen, but kind of dated, the flysky remotes for thirty five bucks, but i use a flysky fsgt5, it is a nice, high quality for 60 bucks, and lots of adjustments and support... not sure about ones more expensive than that except for the noble nb4, which is Super high quality, kind of overkill for most rigs

I decided to buy the DumboRC as a fast solution 1-day shipping, just for now while I decide what to get because I really don't like the SXT2.

So far my options are:
  • Spektrum DX5c + SR315 | ~ $150
  • Spektrum DX5 Rugged with SR515 | ~ $180
  • Futaba 4PM + R304SB~ $190
  • Flysky Noble NB4 | $165.59 | 7-20 days
I think I will get the Futaba. IDK Yet.
I have the rugged (and I love it, just for the waterproof feature alone I would buy it again. Nice to be able to set it down in the wet grass. ), but from the specs they seem to be equal. Flip a coin, I guess. Glad you saw that the SR6100AT won't fit. I had also posted that.

Cheers
If I decide to get the Spektrum, which RX should I get instead of the SR6100AT? SR215, SR315, SR515 depending on how many channels I want? for bashing I'm assuming 2 is enough right?

Last edited:

So, servo mount ✔️

I'm supposed to receive the servo today, I bought this one, I decided to get it from amazon because of 1-day delivery.

View attachment 59960

I decided to buy the DumboRC as a fast solution 1-day shipping, just for now while I decide what to get because I really don't like the SXT2.

So far my options are:

If I decide to get the Spektrum, which RX should I get instead of the SR6100AT? SR215, SR315, SR515 depending on how many channels I want? for bashing I'm assuming 2 is enough right?

Two is enough for bashing IMO. But, it depends on what all you got going on with your model.

I put the 215 in my kraton and it runs just fine. Took two seconds to bind and I was off.

So, servo mount

View attachment 59960

So far my options are:

Mine and the one you listed is packaged with the SR515, but two is enough. However, the extra slots make it convenient to wire up a fan and add a BEC to get more power to the servo. The stock esc can't be programed to put out higher voltage.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/dx5-rugged-dsmr-tx-with-sr515-p-spm5200

Mine and the one you listed was packaged with the SR515, but two is enough. However, the extra slots make it convenient to wire up a fan and add a BEC to get more power to the servo. The stock esc can't be programed to put out higher voltage.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/dx5-rugged-dsmr-tx-with-sr515-p-spm5200
Ohhh... that makes sense!, but do I need to deliver more power to the servo I bought? what will be the advantage?

I will do some research about that. This is getting more and more exciting with each upgrade :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back