transmitter batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennyboy2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Anyone use AA rechargeable batteries for transmitter. Wanted to find out if that’s something I should try. Hate burning up throw aways. I have a charger that does all chemistry.

Wouldnt be an issue at all.. I've done it for years with no downfall that I've encountered... its definitely a nice option...

Anyone use AA rechargeable batteries for transmitter. Wanted to find out if that’s something I should try. Hate burning up throw aways. I have a charger that does all chemistry.
What tx do you use?

How many charge/discharge cycles do you get out of the AA's?

I have the tx that comes with the voltage. Stx2 I think it’s called

A lot, i never did count, but i still use the same batteries since years. They don't discharge that fast, depending on own many mah they have, but they mostly are above 2000mah. It is also cheaper to use rechargeable batteries.

First I would recommend a different radio. Even a $30 flysky would be a huge step up to that thing. Secondly at that point you can buy rechargeable lipos that will worth with that radio that just plug right in. A battery for it is less then $10 on Amazon and assuming you already have a lipo charger an adapter to charge that is less then $5 hope this helped.

A lot, i never did count, but i still use the same batteries since years. They don't discharge that fast, depending on own many mah they have, but they mostly are above 2000mah. It is also cheaper to use rechargeable batteries.

Awesome, thanks. Looks like I need to start a rechargeable AA and AAA battery collection.

I use rechargeable AA's in the transmitters I use most often. Regular in the ones that get rarely used. The Voltage on a Rechargeable battery is a little less even fully charged so you lose some time using them vs regular AA's.

Just like any other battery depends on the quality of the battery. Some may say 500cycles but in the end may not even get half that.

Sine it's a Voltage it comes with the ATX101 it's not a horrible remote it's better than the STX2 (that's not saying much I know).

Rechargeable AAs since forever.
20191128_235316.jpg

Rechargeable AAs since forever.View attachment 55558
I use the same ones in mine. Getting low self discharge (LSD) cells helps them hold charge when your not using it so they don't drain so far between charges.

My older spektrum radios had a charge port, but my current one doesn't. I took it apart and added one so I wouldn't have to take the batteries out. I don't like the thought of popping the battery cover off my transmitter a few times a week to top the cells off. Besides, getting the 4 cells out of the holder is a pain anyway as well.

I just use my normal old NiMH receiver pack charger and the charge port is like a male receiver plug port. I top it off the morning of any bash day at .5A. I use the same 4 cells for a couple years then replace them.

Another vote for the green Duracell rechargeable. Great life, both in MAH and cycle life. For my most used radio, I use a pair of 18650 cells. I don't think the radio works any better on 8v vs 6v, but I don't anyway...

There are a few radios that don't like rechargeable batteries (my Futaba 4PM says not to use them), but most of them will work. Definitely get the LSD versions. Eneloop is a high quality brand, I also use Amazon LSD batteries in 2000mah. They last pretty long between recharge, probably like 20 hours of runtime or so.

For the battery trays that are hard to get out the batteries, just trim back those little curved holders on the edges with a hobby knife or body scissors, it makes life 10x easier.

For the battery trays that are hard to get out the batteries, just trim back those little curved holders on the edges with a hobby knife or body scissors, it makes life 10x easier.
I do that on my spare trays that I use to charge up random cells around the house. Having the jack built into the transmitter makes it a lot easier though.

ive been using the same AA duracells in my controllers since sept 2018...

I do that on my spare trays that I use to charge up random cells around the house. Having the jack built into the transmitter makes it a lot easier though.

Nice, I never understood how that worked -- is there a standard jack for a 4-cell AA NiMh uses? Do you use a Spektrum charger or something else? I guess you could just use a regular NiMh/Lipo charger if you have the right connector?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back