Granite Transmitter broken - Looking for a pretty basic replacement for a Granite 4x4..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinusTech

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I already disassembled to see if a solder joint fell apart or something. That doesn't appear to be the issue. So I'm just looking for something a little bit better than stock.

Bump! If there’s a resource I should be looking at instead, that would be very much appreciated.

I'm going to have to look into all that. I've had my gt3b for years and don't remember if I did any firmware update, I know I run a 3s lipo in it... might have had to do something for that. Going to look up the rest. It's pretty awesome only needing a $7 rx everytime I get a new truck.

Just got the gt2e as well and it works good but not much more money gets you a lot more features with the 3b.

I’m not a fan of Flysky. You pretty much get what you pay for IMO.

My thoughts on the main $100 radios on the market today.

Just got the gt2e as well and it works good but not much more money gets you a lot more features with the 3b.

I like the GT2E because you can switch to use Flysky AFHDS and AFHDS2 receivers plus even if you have a GT3B the GT2E can be easily bound to a different Flysky receiver and work as a extra transmitter to use so somebody else can drive the R/C the receiver is in if anything it's a cheap handy spare.

I'm sure Flysky makes nice radios, I see many people who use them but I just can't get myself to do it. I'm pretty attached to my Futaba and highly recommend them!

I've been using a Radiolink RC4G for +2 years now. (mine is the Hobbyking branded TS4G). Current model is the 'improved' RC4GS. It has a lot of programming modes - 20 options on the menu. Also, 10 model memory, and the RX has a gyro built in. Ch3 controls the gyro, and the TX has a dedicated pot knob to control channel 3. I think the radio sells for about $60, and extra RX are between $8-$12, depending on which one you get (gyro, non-gyro, 4 channel or 6 channel) There is also a RC6G - 6 channels, with extra flip switches on the TX to control the extra switches.

I have 2 of these remotes, and probably 8 RXs, and have very little to complain about. My #1 complaint is that the default Fail Safe setting is full throttle, full right turn. (100% on all channels). This is easy to reset, but you must do it on each Model Memory slot.

For those of you interested in my thoughts on the newer Radiolink and Flysky radios, I did a comparison video:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back