Typhon Transmitter compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodrigol

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 6s
Does anyone know if i can configure this kit on my typhon 3s?

Radiolink RC6GS 24G 6CH RC Transmitter and Receiver

Thanks a lot!!

The Flysky FSGT5 24G 6CH is also an option!!

Yup.
  • Remove the 2 screws holding down the esc to expose the radio box and remove the lid.
  • Unplug everything from the stock receiver.
  • Remove stock receiver and toss it in the trash along with the radio.
  • Stick new receiver in the receiver box, preferably with 3M double sided tape, the grey stuff with the red backing.
  • Plug steering servo in channel 1, black wire to the outside of the receiver.
  • Plug esc into channel 2, black wire to the outside of the receiver.
  • Place lid back on receiver box and attach the esc.
  • Turn on radio and make sure the trims are at 0.
  • Press and hold the set button on the esc power switch.
  • Turn on the esc and once the led starts flashing release the set button.
  • With the throttle on the radio at neutral, press the set button, led will flash indicating that neutral has been set.
  • Pull the throttle trigger to full throttle then press the set button, led will flash indicating that full throttle has been set.
  • Push the throttle trigger to full brake then press the set button, led will flash indicating that full brake as been set.
  • Send it.

Yup.
  • Remove the 2 screws holding down the esc to expose the radio box and remove the lid.
  • Stick new receiver in the receiver box, preferably with 3M double sided tape, the grey stuff with the red backing.
  • With the throttle on the radio at neutral, press the set button, led will flash indicating that neutral has been set.
  • Pull the throttle trigger to full throttle then press the set button, led will flash indicating that full throttle has been set.
  • Push the throttle trigger to full brake then press the set button, led will flash indicating that full brake as been set.
  • Send it.
Thanks!! Good tutorial!!!

Yup.
  • Send it.

This is perfect. Very nice and extremely helpful for the many guys that are looking to get away from the stock rx / tx disappointments.

Thanks!! Good tutorial!!!
The same basic concepts apply to most rc vehicles, the access to the receiver is of course different.

Do note some escs auto calibrate to the transmitter, I mainly see this in lower end brushless and brushed escs, you just turn them on and go and some escs like Castle do not have a set button you have to hold full throttle before powering on the esc to enter programming mode.

And just for the heck of it incase anyone wants to know.

How to Calibrate a Castle ESC.

• Step 1: Start with the transmitter ON, the battery disconnected, and the ESC’s switch in the OFF position (if ESC has a switch).
  • Step 2: Plug a battery into your Castle ESC. (NOTE: If your ESC does not have a switch, hold full throttle on your transmitter before plugging in the battery.)
  • Step 3: Hold full throttle on the transmitter and turn the ESC’s switch ON. Keep holding full throttle on the transmitter. If all your connections are correct, you will hear one multi-toned initialization “ring” from the motor (all tones are played by the ESC vibrating the motor).
  • STEP 4: After a second or two, the green LED on the ESC will blink rapidly and the motor will “ring” 4 times rapidly in a row (accepting the full throttle endpoint). After the green LED flashes and tones, the ESC will blink the red LED. At this point the full throttle endpoint has been set within the ESC and now it’s looking for the full brake endpoint (red LED blinking).
  • STEP 5: Move the throttle trigger to the full brake position and hold full brake. After a few seconds, the ESC will flash the red LED and ring 4 times rapidly (accepting full brake endpoint).
  • STEP 6: After accepting the full brake endpoint the ESC will then blink the yellow LED. Now relax the trigger to the neutral position. The ESC will now ring 4 times and flash the yellow LED rapidly to accept the neutral position. After accepting the neutral position, the ESC will ring twice, flash ALL the LEDs, and the yellow LED will illuminate (solid yellow for all ESCs except Mamba Max Pro which flashes). This is the arming tone and LED indication that the ESC IS NOW ARMED and the car will respond to throttle inputs from your transmitter.
And I cannot remember how to calibrate Traxxas escs.

The same basic concepts apply to most rc vehicles, the access to the receiver is of course different.

Do note some escs auto calibrate to the transmitter, I mainly see this in lower end brushless and brushed escs, you just turn them on and go and some escs like Castle do not have a set button you have to hold full throttle before powering on the esc to enter programming mode.

And just for the heck of it incase anyone wants to know.

How to Calibrate a Castle ESC.

• Step 1: Start with the transmitter ON, the battery disconnected, and the ESC’s switch in the OFF position (if ESC has a switch).
  • Step 2: Plug a battery into your Castle ESC. (NOTE: If your ESC does not have a switch, hold full throttle on your transmitter before plugging in the battery.)
  • Step 3: Hold full throttle on the transmitter and turn the ESC’s switch ON. Keep holding full throttle on the transmitter. If all your connections are correct, you will hear one multi-toned initialization “ring” from the motor (all tones are played by the ESC vibrating the motor).
  • STEP 4: After a second or two, the green LED on the ESC will blink rapidly and the motor will “ring” 4 times rapidly in a row (accepting the full throttle endpoint). After the green LED flashes and tones, the ESC will blink the red LED. At this point the full throttle endpoint has been set within the ESC and now it’s looking for the full brake endpoint (red LED blinking).
  • STEP 5: Move the throttle trigger to the full brake position and hold full brake. After a few seconds, the ESC will flash the red LED and ring 4 times rapidly (accepting full brake endpoint).
  • STEP 6: After accepting the full brake endpoint the ESC will then blink the yellow LED. Now relax the trigger to the neutral position. The ESC will now ring 4 times and flash the yellow LED rapidly to accept the neutral position. After accepting the neutral position, the ESC will ring twice, flash ALL the LEDs, and the yellow LED will illuminate (solid yellow for all ESCs except Mamba Max Pro which flashes). This is the arming tone and LED indication that the ESC IS NOW ARMED and the car will respond to throttle inputs from your transmitter.
And I cannot remember how to calibrate Traxxas escs.

Helpful to me. I haven't done the Castle on my Mojave yet.
I thought traxxas VXL were made by Castle? Don't recall having to calibrate the slash.

Helpful to me. I haven't done the Castle on my Mojave yet.
I thought traxxas VXL were made by Castle? Don't recall having to calibrate the slash.
The esc in the older brushless E-Maxx, X0-1 and brushless E-Revo V1 were Mamba Monsters everything else is their own inhouse stuff. I do not remember when they switched over the E-Maxx, X0-1 and E-Revo V1 to their inhouse escs but I remember it being in the last few year or so of production for the E-Maxx.

Last edited:
The esc in the older brushless E-Maxx, X0-1 and brushless E-Revo V1 were Mamba Monsters everything else is their own inhouse stuff. I do not remember when they switched over the E-Maxx, X0-1 and E-Revo V1 to their inhouse escs but I remember it being in the last few year or so of production for the E-Maxx.
I see. Interesting.

Finally I order a tactitcs ttx 300 for my senton and a dumbo x6 for my typhon!! Thanks a lot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back