Transmitter Issue: Steering Causes Both Steering and Throttling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RHCPfanboi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’ve got a problem that needs fixing.

Awhile back, I bashed my 6S Kraton badly. I fixed it all up, but when I am only turning the steering, it throttles too (even though I’m not touching the throttle). I replaced the receiver today, and it still shows the same problem.

Is it a calibration issue, a servo issue, or an ESC issue? What do I do to fix this problem?

Using Radiolink RC6GS transmitter, by the way, with its R7FG receiver. Any help, and links, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is this the frima 150 esc? I bought one from JRC and the same thing is happening to me.

Is this the frima 150 esc? I bought one from JRC and the same thing is happening to me.
No, it’s the stock blx 185 esc that came with the Kraton when I first bought it. Everything electronic is original except the receiver.

Do you have some sort of channel mixing enabled on the transmitter?
Not sure. I’m still new to all of this. But I’ve played with it hard last summer, and it worked fine. No one messed with it. I even reset the transmitter today, and it still causes this same issue.

Look through your manual and search for steering mixing (STM) Sounds like you are mixing 2 channels. That mixing is happening in your transmitter which would explain while nothing changes when you swap receivers.

Look through your manual and search for steering mixing (STM) Sounds like you are mixing 2 channels. That mixing is happening in your transmitter which would explain while nothing changes when you swap receivers.
Okay, thanks! I’ll look into that in the morning. To be honest, the complexity of the Radiolink transmitter has me quite overwhelmed. I’ll give it a closer look nonetheless, and hope it’s an easy fix that doesn’t require me to replace any additional parts.

Thanks!

Okay, I’ll look into that in the morning.

To be honest, the complexity of the Radiolink transmitter has me quite overwhelmed as it is. I’ll give it a closer look nonetheless, and hope it’s an easy fix that doesn’t require me to replace any additional parts.

Thanks!

Make sure to take your time. It's good to understand functions and how to do everything or else bad things happen. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hadn’t had this problem until I wrecked it the last time. Now everything electronically seems jacked up! But I’ll consult the transmitter manual tomorrow about the STM, and any other clues. Plan to take my time figuring it out, along with any guidance I get in this forum.

In addition to whatever you need to do to reset and calibrate the transmitter itself, you then will need to re calibrate your ESC for throttle position and steering end points.

Question for you. When you steer left (with no throttle input) does the motor go one way and when you steer right the other? So left = forward and right = back? (Or the reverse)

If so it sounds like “tank mode” where steering input is used to drive something with tracks where channel one is the left track and channel two is the right, so a steering input to the left would mean forward on channel two, turning the tracked vehicle to the left. On my DumboRC this mode lights the LED on top of it red instead of blue, so it’s obvious, but I don’t know how the Radiolink works.

Ok this same issue is happening to me when trying to use the stock traxxas TQ radio (it h
In addition to whatever you need to do to reset and calibrate the transmitter itself, you then will need to re calibrate your ESC for throttle position and steering end points.

Question for you. When you steer left (with no throttle input) does the motor go one way and when you steer right the other? So left = forward and right = back? (Or the reverse)

If so it sounds like “tank mode” where steering input is used to drive something with tracks where channel one is the left track and channel two is the right, so a steering input to the left would mean forward on channel two, turning the tracked vehicle to the left. On my DumboRC this mode lights the LED on top of it red instead of blue, so it’s obvious, but I don’t know how the Radiolink works.

Ok this same issue is happening to me when trying to use the stock traxxas TQ radio that came with my rustler (it has fancy mixing?) with a castle brushless esc. Left turn is accompanied by by throttle, right turn accompanied by reverse. I tried the throttle recalibrate, same issues.

With a FlySky gt5, everything works as it should. I have no idea what the issue is, I have 3 other TQ radios I'd like to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back