Transmitter questions (sorry for yet another one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Yep, it's another transmitter post, only because google search mostly pulls ads for me now or reviews/blogs from places like car and driver which is most likely a paid review/post.

Tier 1:
What would be the overwhelming verdict regarding what features/ functions are REQUIRED for a good bashing transmitter to be useful with at least a few models?

Obviously, a 2ch is all that is required along with some trim. But, that is already handled by the stock controller. What other features are required to make a controller be worth your money if you are just bashing?

The only things I can think of would be dual-rate, a timer to track battery life, endpoint adjustment (both points for each ch), maybe sub trim, maybe 3+ channels, more than 1 model. But would any of these really be required for a good bashing remote that isn't going to need to be replaced with the next vehicle?

Tier 2:
I have a Futaba T3PK, but I refuse to pay the price for a new Futaba transmitter module and new receivers. That then leaves me two options, either I purchase/ make a universal transmitter module or I buy a new transmitter. Actually, make that 3 options, the 3rd one being to continue to use the stock transmitter and keep the T3PK as a decoration...even though the NIMH battery pack still has a 9.0v charge on it from 10 years ago.

Tier 3:
Yep you guessed it if I have to get a new controller I'd prefer one with the needed options/features but it would have to be $70 or less since all I need to make the T3PK usable is a https://usa.banggood.com/2_4G-CC250...ght-recommendation&cur_warehouse=CN&ID=521276

At the $price$ point you want, a Radiolink RC6GS has pretty much what you want. Plus more features that will future proof your RC collection.
I use a RC6GS, Noble NB4, and Spektrum DX5c across 8 of my 17 RC rigs I currently have. RC6GS hands down having the best range for Speed runs with my Lim. NB4 being my favorite overall, however, just not good for very long half mile+ distances. NB4 is an excellent Track radio. ( range is not an issue at any track)
:cool:

At the $price$ point you want, a Radiolink RC6GS has pretty much what you want. Plus more features that will future proof your RC collection.
I use a RC6GS, Noble NB4, and Spektrum DX5c across 8 of my 17 RC rigs I currently have. RC6GS hands down having the best range for Speed runs with my Lim. NB4 being my favorite overall, however, just not good for very long half mile+ distances. NB4 is an excellent Track radio. ( range is not an issue at any track)
:cool:

You prefer the NB4 over the DX5c? I've been stuck between whether to switch to a NB4 when I get my MEXB or stay with Spektrum since I have an extra DX3. Only thing thats throwing me is how complicated it is/how many things you need to do telemetry (really want batt voltage at the least) on the NB4A vs the Spektrum 1 wire system. But none of the Spektrum transmitters are as nice as the NB4, other than the discontinued 6 channel one.

NB4 over a DX5C any day. And Spektrum Rx's cost a bunch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back