Infraction Transmitter steering wheel upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
3659FA49-4C5D-44C1-A319-FDEB1A8CC025.jpeg

I actually really like my DX2E even though I know there’s a lot better out there. I like the look and features and the fact that it came with my car. But I don’t like the wheel on it.
I tried putting a Traxxas wheel on it and it fit but not that well and it was a little too small
7B191E56-1F0F-4DE5-8985-B87CD3C3E9BE.jpeg

I’ve seen custom replacement wheels for other remotes but not this one. Just wanna know what’s out there.

I tried finding photos of the back and from what I saw it looked different. I think the DX3R is more squared off and won’t fit but I could be wrong

I stumbled across a thread once where someone changed out the wheel, I'll see if I can find it.

ok correction, its the DX3R/4R wheel or the DX2L not the DX5 Pro - I know as I did test if I can move it over from the DX4R Pro before I sold it, wanting to keep the larger one and sell with the smaller one but then included both.

DX5 Pro - hex
1583181638087.png

DX2L - square

1583181692434.png

DX2E Active - square

1583181727893.png

DX2L and DX2E Active - wheel swapped

1583182067187.png

Spektrum DX3R foamed wheel - square - SPM9022 works as well

1583182524357.png

Yeah Racing alternatives with adapters

1583182870575.png

Last edited:
ok correction, its the DX3R/4R wheel or the DX2L not the DX5 Pro - I know as I did test if I can move it over from the DX4R Pro before I sold it, wanting to keep the larger one and sell with the smaller one but then included both.

DX5 Pro - hex

DX2L - square

DX2E Active - square

DX2L and DX2E Active - wheel swapped

Spektrum DX3R foamed wheel - square - SPM9022 works as well

Yeah Racing alternatives with adapters

Excellent information!! Just what I was looking for. Thank you for the pics.

Got a link to the wheel upgrade. Can’t seem to find the large one anywhere.

So I went with this Integy “universal” steering wheel. Says it’s meant for most Futaba, HPI etc remotes. Didn’t mention Spektrum but I figured I’d try anyway seeing as how it’s only $6 + $4 shipping.
Well it came with a bunch of adapters and one of them fits perfectly to the DX2E. The wheel + brake disk combo is slightly heavier than the stock plastic. It’s maybe 10% smaller in diameter but that’s ok. I went for the orange to try to match the rest of the controller. The foam feels really good, it’s very soft and grippy. I’m used to Traxxas foams and those are awful compared to this cheap wheel.
I added some weight in the back of the controller where the Bluetooth module goes so now the controller feels nice and weighted. I finally feel like the controller matches the car.
May try some other color and design wheels in the future but for now I’m very happy. I know I could have just bought a new controller but I like taking the original parts and modifying them to make them better, which to me, is the whole point of the hobby.
Now to find a way to cover the controller plastics in a grippy rubber coating. :unsure:

AB1C359E-13C4-4AA2-AC71-B023B815588D.jpeg
BDBFC584-1269-47D5-85D6-8F83EAA68F1E.jpeg
F6D52FE8-42AF-4696-AF4F-D160D539AAEA.jpeg

FD6B9C85-1779-4966-BA92-2918C589E068.jpeg
Bought one of those tennis racket handle wraps for $2 and wrapped my controller. I messed up and put it on upside down but I’m still happy with it. You can wrap it very tight and it’s thin but adds a little cushion and I have big hands so a slightly thicker handle is nice. I think I’ve taken this controller as far as it can go, next step is a Noble NB4 I guess lol.

View attachment 71649Bought one of those tennis racket handle wraps for $2 and wrapped my controller. I messed up and put it on upside down but I’m still happy with it. You can wrap it very tight and it’s thin but adds a little cushion and I have big hands so a slightly thicker handle is nice. I think I’ve taken this controller as far as it can go, next step is a Noble NB4 I guess lol.

Tennis racket tape works well and I had some on my Talion Tactic radio. Good for hot weather and keeps my hand from being slippy. Same with foam wheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back