Transmitter upgrade for Granite BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Austin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So as the title says i am looking to upgrade the transmitter that came with the car, i don't want to spend loads and im looking at the Sanwa MX 6 does anybody run this and what are your thoughts or is there any better options around that price point?

I have a couple flysky GT-3c's which is the same as as the GT-3b except it uses a 800mah li-on battery and charges with micro USB port on the radio instead of AA batteries and costs about 12-15 dollars more than the GT-3b radio. Only downside for me is 1 hand steering not really possible due to design and the LCD screen and adjustments take some getting used to.

What’s you’re budget and list of requirements? You can get a decent bare bones radio for $25 and all the way up to $800 for a top of the line Futaba.

What’s you’re budget and list of requirements? You can get a decent bare bones radio for $25 and all the way up to $800 for a top of the line Futaba.
budget is about 80-90 GBP requirements would be decent range and less lag/more responsive that the stock one. The ability to have a few models in the memory would be good.

budget is about 80-90 GBP requirements would be decent range and less lag/more responsive that the stock one. The ability to have a few models in the memory would be good.
Flysky GT5 sounds like a good fit

I’ve never been able to go out of range from it lol?
Sounds good to me!! Just ordered one. Can’t wait for it to turn up now... is binding receivers and calibrating ESC fairly straightforward? And I there anything else I need to do when setting up a new controller? I’m new to the hobby so don’t really have a clue yet..

Sounds good to me!! Just ordered one. Can’t wait for it to turn up now... is binding receivers and calibrating ESC fairly straightforward? And I there anything else I need to do when setting up a new controller? I’m new to the hobby so don’t really have a clue yet..
Just read the instructions carefully and you will be fine?

I like the look of the Flysky GT5 and its a reasonable price. whats the range like?

Its rated at 200m. I've had my Typhon out beyond my sight range and still functioning.

Two thumbs up from me. Its not a high end radio but its packed with features, great gyro on it. Outstanding value for money,

Negatives - I'd have loved it to have had a removable battery tray so that I could fit a bigger Lipo than what it can currently take (700mAh) Not a biggie but it would have been nice.

I have a couple flysky GT-3c's which is the same as as the GT-3b except it uses a 800mah li-on battery and charges with micro USB port on the radio instead of AA batteries and costs about 12-15 dollars more than the GT-3b radio. Only downside for me is 1 hand steering not really possible due to design and the LCD screen and adjustments take some getting used to.
How about this?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/thumb-drive-anyone.17484/

I have a dumborc and it's great completely changed the car and I don't flip it all the time now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back