Notorious Transmitter upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 6s
Just picked up this for £25 to replace my the rubbish spectrum that came with the noto. Anyone have any experience with it? Thought for the price it would be worth a punt
Screenshot_20200114-152855_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have the 6ch version and had issues getting support for mine. I had range issues with a faulty batch of receivers. I ended up ditching mine for a Futaba 3PV but others seem to like the Radiolink radios.

Let us know how it works out for you, I've heard the same thing that @jondilly1974 stated above..

coming from the days before 2.4ghz I have a hard time in beleiving in sub $100.00 radios... and for me that's the absolute bottom of the scale.. it honestly amazes me that some of these 30 dollar radios work well, but I just cant bring myself to buying one..

I have the 6Ch version as well. My range test with it was great! So far out the car was just a spec and seriously hard to tell which way it was pointed. Even that far, getting the rig back pointed towards me and bring it back, all the controls were instant and no latency/lag trouble with that Tx/Rx set up so far. Personally, I would recommend to anyone seriously looking for something on the cheap that might be looking for a couple amenities as the upper tier Tx's. Such as Memory for more then 1 rig and very decent range...

Let us know how it works out for you, I've heard the same thing that @jondilly1974 stated above..

coming from the days before 2.4ghz I have a hard time in beleiving in sub $100.00 radios... and for me that's the absolute bottom of the scale.. it honestly amazes me that some of these 30 dollar radios work well, but I just cant bring myself to buying one..
I get it tomorrow so I'll let you know. It was £61 on wheelspin but I had a couple vouchers for amazon that brought it down to £25 so I thought why not. I was looking at the fs noble but I can't find a supplier other than bangood that isn't horribly priced so this should tide me over until I can decide on something more permanent

I don't get why they are pushing the STX2 instead of the DX2E - the STX2 is surely a failed product and most people with ditch it after the first few runs ...
They discontinued the STX2 and made the STX3, but apparently that suffers from the same problems.

From what I have seen the STX2 radio is highly susceptible to radio interference. Another user posted in one of the hundred stx2 radio threads that he noticed when he was out bashing with his buddy, every time his buddy would turn on his Traxxas TQi radio the STX2 would start to glitch out, when his buddy turned off his radio the car went back to normal.

I hear mostly good things about the Radiolink systems as with any electrical device you do have some users who have issues as @jondilly1974 experienced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back