Talion Transponder mounting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! I didn't think of putting it right on the lid like that. No interference with it being right underneath I imagine?

Quick question which I can prob answer myself once I have this open but I'm still waiting on the transponders to arrive on friday to open up the receiver.
I have a yeah racing tornado fan and the transponder that both need to plug into the receiver. (Thanks again so much to Paultro84 for sending me the Y harness for the fan!)

The receiver according to the manual has:
channel 1 - steering
channel 2 - throttle
channel 3 - empty
Bat - which I'm assuming is also empty in stock form?

Which do I plug which into on the last two options or does it just not matter?

I have my transponders on channel 3.

For your setup, I'd plug transponder into channel 3 and put the y-connector on the ESC fan port and drive the esc fan and your motor fans from there. Only caution is now you'll be running two fans on that circuit...so it could be more current load than its designed for.

Sorry I'm still new at this stuff, but doesn't the stock esc have a built in 6v BEC which is what that port is for? Fan has a 5v draw according to its spec page online. Or is that reserved for the built-in ESC fan.
And I guess the BAT port in the receiver is already in use or can't be used for the fan?

EDIT: nvm I shot an email to Arrma support asking about it and they said the BAt port is only used on a nitro vehicle and I can just plug either into there, so both can be plugged straight into the receiver. And holy customer support... I sent the email and had a response like 2 hours later tops. I've think I've waited longer than that on Traxxas phone support before, lol

Last edited:
Glad you figured it out.

For reference heres a pic of my Typhon.
3D619262-AB27-4068-AD04-C3E10A57CC65.jpeg

For you I was thinking it would be a shorter run, cleaner wire management, more direct power, and less stuff in the receiver box if you connected your new fan source to the ESC. I also just confirmed with multimeter it’s 6V to the fan on my Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back