trashed a 1717-1260kv castle motor this is how.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
I got in the hobby last xmas.
I was gifted a limitless from my girl she bought it because it look cool and to her was cheaper than other ones (infraction) at the time ,so then I realized no electronics fudge me right! so I came on here got help ended up with a blx esc blx motor stock gearing ,I thought it was ok so I was bashing with a 46t diff and 30t mod 1 pinion and trashed the 1260kv one then a 1650kv castle as well the wires came off that one was under 30 day warranty so I blamed HH lol so I called castle And the repair Dept guy (jason Miller) goes hold on does the math and says man you’re bashing with gearing for 171mph I died all because my first rc had tall gearing which I thought was normal so heads all newbies lmao so he was cool only had to pay 120 and get a brand new 1717-1650kv so glad I’m able to get a new motor for half the price !

30/46. Yeah crap happens. But at least it was a learning process and most of all, won't happen again.:LOL: And need some good fans on that motor for sure.(y)
The Lim was a great call by your girlfriend. (y)Best to not use stocker electrics for speed running. They have their limits anyway. Should have got a CC ESC/Motor combo and used the 27 pinion ( included with the Lim out the box) Mine came with it at least. The smallest Pinion that fits the stocker motor mount. Plenty of speed with it. Mine was an early release pre-ordered Lim. FWIW.

30/46. Yeah crap happens. But at least it was a learning process and most of all, won't happen again.:LOL: And need some good fans on that motor for sure.(y)
The Lim was a great call by your girlfriend. (y)Best to not use stocker electrics for speed running. They have their limits anyway. Should have got a CC ESC/Motor combo and used the 27 pinion ( included with the Lim out the box) Mine came with it at least. The smallest Pinion that fits the stocker motor mount. Plenty of speed with it. Mine was an early release pre-ordered Lim. FWIW.
Yeah man I learned to keep it in the high teens or lows 20s as for bashing needs slash itch haha but now I have the infraction 3 Morgan in the hobby took out stock rtr stuff and that combo you’re saying the cc one I thought I could build a basher/speed demon but it’s either or can’t do both on same settings lol

Yeah, You cant bash and drift with a dedicated Speed Run setup and vice versa.
They each have their own setup needs. But Fans, fans, fans always..(y)

Yeah, You cant bash and drift with a dedicated Speed Run setup and vice versa.
They each have their own setup needs. But Fans, fans, fans always..(y)
Yeah man I learned an expensive lesson so won’t be doing that again almost turned me away then I log in here and see the cars I’m like nope break it fix it and take care of it better next time .

Don't feel bad i had to send my 1260kv into castle. It "worked " but the senor part of it started cogging bad and started getting to hot for my liking without having the senor hooked up after it failed.. and I don't think that 21t with temps before it started acting up never even reached 130s. When it "started acting up " my temps went into the 160s-170s no matter how easy I was on it. Even kicked the fan on the esc a lot more than usual.

LMAO 30/46 is not 171mph gearing😂 even on 8s that's 80mph gearing...
That’s what I said but castle dude seemed to be very firm on that .at the end they want to make money who knows.
Don't feel bad i had to send my 1260kv into castle. It "worked " but the senor part of it started cogging bad and started getting to hot for my liking without having the senor hooked up after it failed.. and I don't think that 21t with temps before it started acting up never even reached 130s. When it "started acting up " my temps went into the 160s-170s no matter how easy I was on it. Even kicked the fan on the esc a lot more than usual.
Yeah man let ducks at least it’s the end of season

That’s what I said but castle dude seemed to be very firm on that .at the end they want to make money who knows.

Until there's some snow on the ground. I'll be using em all.. 🤪 but yeah it's almost time to start putting em up for the season.

LMAO 30/46 is not 171mph gearing😂 even on 8s that's 80mph gearing...
Exactly!

6010E939-D919-483B-BCE7-C481FF33C7F6.png

It is still a but steep for bashing but as @jondilly1974 showed with the speed/gearing calculator it would be impossible for that to be 170mph gearing. I'm guessing he thought other way around being 46p/30s as that would be like 180mph gearing.

I got in the hobby last xmas.
I was gifted a limitless from my girl she bought it because it look cool and to her was cheaper than other ones (infraction) at the time ,so then I realized no electronics fudge me right! so I came on here got help ended up with a blx esc blx motor stock gearing ,I thought it was ok so I was bashing with a 46t diff and 30t mod 1 pinion and trashed the 1260kv one then a 1650kv castle as well the wires came off that one was under 30 day warranty so I blamed HH lol so I called castle And the repair Dept guy (jason Miller) goes hold on does the math and says man you’re bashing with gearing for 171mph I died all because my first rc had tall gearing which I thought was normal so heads all newbies lmao so he was cool only had to pay 120 and get a brand new 1717-1650kv so glad I’m able to get a new motor for half the price !
do you still have it
ill gladly take it off of your hands

It is still a but steep for bashing but as @jondilly1974 showed with the speed/gearing calculator it would be impossible for that to be 170mph gearing. I'm guessing he thought other way around being 46p/30s as that would be like 180mph gearing.
I guess I was like what ! How I’m like he’s the castle guy can’t argue with him so I took the hit fastest I did was 84 on it and that was too fast 💨
do you still have it
ill gladly take it off of your hands
What the motor ?
Until there's some snow on the ground. I'll be using em all.. 🤪 but yeah it's almost time to start putting em up for the season.
That’s why I’m getting a kraton but I’ll be running my limitless 6s until snows hits hopefully by then I’ll have a kraton lol
My question is this though are you supposed to bash with that gearing the motor would get hot really fast lol
Good**

I guess I was like what ! How I’m like he’s the castle guy can’t argue with him so I took the hit fastest I did was 84 on it and that was too fast 💨

What the motor ?

That’s why I’m getting a kraton but I’ll be running my limitless 6s until snows hits hopefully by then I’ll have a kraton lol

My question is this though are you supposed to bash with that gearing the motor would get hot really fast lol
Good**
If it doesn’t get the motor over 160F then it’s safe to bash with. That is the criteria you are aiming for. Temps matter. End of story.

If it doesn’t get the motor over 160F then it’s safe to bash with. That is the criteria you are aiming for. Temps matter. End of story.
Castle said the wire became unsoldered inside so yeah temps but I had 180 cut off on the esc anyways they took care of me like you said .the allowed me to pick an 1100kv I told them no I wanted the 1650kv castle good I like well upgrade you for a fraction of the price .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back