Trashed Spectrum motor, Hobbywing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonK

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Hey everyone. I bought a new updated Senton BLX 3s. Sadly the motor junked out on the first day. After the abuse I saw them take I didn’t expect to break it just driving it around and some short burst in a parking lot. Have an email in to support and ordered a new Hobbywing Max10 SCT ESC Combo. Also ordered some ceramic/mix bearings if Arrma sends me a new motor under warranty. any advice on how not to ruin another motor?😂 what other motors do you run?

A4DED376-769F-4C8A-A0F9-6F399C7619A9.jpeg

18C5C6D7-7D27-4DCF-B7E4-FFBFDCE8EAB9.png

You probably got a bad motor. Did you inspect it? Horizon will definitely send a new motor. I have heard they are really good in the warranty section of their company
So what died? Have you taken the motor apart to see what the issue is?

horizon should warranty a dead motor
The exact same thing I said a minute later. lol

Hey everyone. I bought a new updated Senton BLX 3s. Sadly the motor junked out on the first day. After the abuse I saw them take I didn’t expect to break it just driving it around and some short burst in a parking lot. Have an email in to support and ordered a new Hobbywing Max10 SCT ESC Combo. Also ordered some ceramic/mix bearings if Arrma sends me a new motor under warranty. any advice on how not to ruin another motor?😂 what other motors do you run?

View attachment 120978

View attachment 120979
I just beat up my Granite BLX v3 on concrete. Doubled backflips at least once and a whole bunch of backflips off my ramps. Only the body got damaged. I do hear noise coming from from the slipper clutch assembly. But the motor is fine. Yeah, your motor shouldn't have died so easily. Same motor and electronics as yours. Just send HH an email with the issue. They are great at the warranty thing.

Possibly you got a faulty motor. Hopefully HH will fix this.

Same thing just happened to me today on my typhon 3s blx. I've only ran this thing semi hard about 4 times (its 1 mo old) and it happened when I was reversing and going forward to adjust the steering lol Problem is, looking online it looks like these motors are backordered so not sure when I would be able to get up and running again. I haven't popped it open other than the 3 screws that hold the round end case on and didnt want to go further than that. The pinion barely rotates without making scraping sounds.
Anybody know a direct swap motor for these things without having to get a new ecs to pair with it?

Other people have said that it has taken 3 weeks to get a replacement.
I guess it depends on stock? 4 days for a BLX100 ESC to come from Warehouse in US to my door in Canada.
Same thing just happened to me today on my typhon 3s blx. I've only ran this thing semi hard about 4 times (its 1 mo old) and it happened when I was reversing and going forward to adjust the steering lol Problem is, looking online it looks like these motors are backordered so not sure when I would be able to get up and running again. I haven't popped it open other than the 3 screws that hold the round end case on and didnt want to go further than that. The pinion barely rotates without making scraping sounds.
Anybody know a direct swap motor for these things without having to get a new ecs to pair with it?
Pull the spindle out. Do the warranty claim anyways for backup but I'd say your problem is either bearings($4 bucks for 2 ceramic bearings) or you have something caught between spindle and coils. That could be a VERY easy fix(youtube has videos) and you could end up with a new spare motor to boot!

I guess it depends on stock? 4 days for a BLX100 ESC to come from Warehouse in US to my door in Canada.

Pull the spindle out. Do the warranty claim anyways for backup but I'd say your problem is either bearings($4 bucks for 2 ceramic bearings) or you have something caught between spindle and coils. That could be a VERY easy fix(youtube has videos) and you could end up with a new spare motor to boot!
Interesting. I didnt want to void the warranty by pulling it apart. I'll take a look and see what I can find on youtube thanks!

Ended up pulling the spindle out to inspect the internals and sure enough the bearing nearest the pinion side is blown to shreds. So looks like I'll clean it up and get some new bearing(s) in there and see if she still rips. Anybody have suggestions on motor bearings for the blx 3200kv spektrum motor?

0119211945a.jpg

Ended up pulling the spindle out to inspect the internals and sure enough the bearing nearest the pinion side is blown to shreds. So looks like I'll clean it up and get some new bearing(s) in there and see if she still rips. Anybody have suggestions on motor bearings for the blx 3200kv spektrum motor?

View attachment 121178
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KFSDH81/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_0FobGbVS5T454
I just installed these tomorrow. Came in less than 24 hours
😂 damn auto correct. Today.
Yes, search bread bearing trick
I used the bread trick today.

My friends motor blew it's bearing two weeks ago and mine blew up this weekend. He brought his back into the hobby shop and they looked at him like "you need a new motor" since it was wet they looked at it like abuse I guess. He said "I don't know why it says waterproof" lol He paid the shop $20 and the guy was nice enough to throw a new bearing in it for him. I bought mine new on ebay from someone so I doubt I'll get help from warranty. I ordered a full bearing kit from jims. $21 for 26 bearing kit and $26.99 shipped with motor bearings.

Cool. Sucks you can’t take advantage of the warranty. I bought my bearing set for the motor from Trb Rc off Amazon. She’s up and running

Cool. Sucks you can’t take advantage of the warranty. I bought my bearing set for the motor from Trb Rc off Amazon. She’s up and running
Trb is my go to. He has specific motor bearing so make sure you get those and not run of the mill sealed ones or you’ll have premature failure. I usually just order from his site when I have time to wait a few days for shipping. I ordered some for my stock motor that failed in my Senton and Amazon sent me wrong ones just to “fulfill” the order. I called trb to get the right ones and he made it right when it wasn’t even his fault. HH warranty sent me new motor and it’s still in the plastic because rebuilt original is still going strong all these months later.

Check and change your motor bearings

My friends motor blew it's bearing two weeks ago and mine blew up this weekend. He brought his back into the hobby shop and they looked at him like "you need a new motor" since it was wet they looked at it like abuse I guess. He said "I don't know why it says waterproof" lol He paid the shop $20 and the guy was nice enough to throw a new bearing in it for him. I bought mine new on ebay from someone so I doubt I'll get help from warranty. I ordered a full bearing kit from jims. $21 for 26 bearing kit and $26.99 shipped with motor bearings.
I imagine you MIGHT still be covered under warranty. Horizon will ask to see a receipt. Many sellers on Ebay, Amazon, Kijiji, even FB Market that sell BNIB items are credited shop owners. This is free advertising and the best way to tell is their prices. If you paid like $100 less they likely aren't. Your situation depends on if your seller bought for himself and never used. Even then, a message wouldn't hurt and he may be willing to provide a copy of the receipt to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back